Corrupted Save Data

2»

Comments

• MelinaMelina Mexico Join Date: 2018-06-14 Member: 241425Members
    We are now in 2018 and still, this issue remains.

It’s very unprofessional from your company to not take action about one of the most important things on the game: BEING ACTUALLY ABLE TO SAVE ALL THE PROGRESS AT THE END OF THE DAY.

The last time I played Subnautica on my Xbox One was in March 2018. But until yesterday, I decided to play it again.

At first I was very pleased with the updates and bug fixes; even to the point that I played it all day and night. But today, when I woke up excited for playing it again I realized that the last save data was from March 2018... meaning that all my progress from yesterday was gone.

It’s outrageous that such a beautiful game doesn’t even have the proper functionality to simply save progress.

How do you plan to keep loyal players if the game doesn’t encourage them to keep playing? What's the point of playing it if it’s going to erase all traces of achievements?

If you can do anything to solve this error, please do, or else you’ll keep losing huge amount of players on a daily basis.

P.S

This is just feedback... Right now I may be pissed, but I still look forward to play Subnautica again in the future.

This game has potential, just don’t give up on it. <3
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    edited June 2018
    @Melina Did you start a new game or load up your previous one?

After all the updates they've done, you can't count on old games working.
  • rosskastinrosskastin United States Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240235Members
    No Elfcrisis, that is incorrect. I save the game a lot because I am always worried that I will fall in between the graphics or some other bug that you will not be able to save and ruin your game. So the longer you go without saving might be an issue but not the main issue as to why I can not load my game back up. As this was a major issue on the pc version until they came out with an updated speficially to fix this issue, I do not know why they didn't figure that this issue would come about on the xbox version. I've posted on many forums and emailed the devs but no luck with any response.....
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @rosskastin Not sure what to tell you, as I still play this on my XBox sometimes and I haven't had this problem for a long time. There are still performance issues, for sure, but I can't remember the last time the game crashed or failed to save. I don't know what the difference is between my XB1 and those of people who are still having problems, but it's not ubiquitous across all XBox consoles.
  • alan19alan19 Join Date: 2018-06-19 Member: 241553Members
    I'm having a similar issue, very frustrating
  • ThunderFunkThunderFunk CT Join Date: 2018-07-07 Member: 242003Members
    Having a load error myself anybody seen this error yet? I’ve played for a while now and all of a sudden the game crashed and then I go to load the game and I get an error message over and over. The error message is “Save data loading failed (Adler checksum doesn’t match: -577510845 vs. -1889809097).” Any help or info at all would help so much.