Stalker tooth

privatechrispyprivatechrispy Usa Join Date: 2018-05-16 Member: 240754Members
How do I get stalker teeth? I've attempted feed them peepers and making them bite my seamoth but they don't drop anything

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited June 2018
    It's luck base. You just have to keep letting them vite metal scraps or your seamoth. Another way is too build a scanner room near the kelp forest and scan for stalker teeth, just make sure to craft the scanner HUD chip at the fabricator in the scanner room so you can see where the teeth are
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    It's luck base. You just have to keep letting them vite metal scraps or your seamoth. Another way is too build a scanner room near the kelp forest and scan for stalker teeth, just make sure to craft the scanner HUD chip at the fabricator in the scanner room so you can see where the teeth are

You can use the SR auv "drones" to search for whatever you are scanning if you prefer to save on the HUD chip cost (they have the HUD chip functionality built-in).
    just make sure to craft the scanner HUD chip at the fabricator in the scanner room so you can see where the teeth are

@privatechrispy Take a couple of scrap metal and drop'em nearby stalkers, preferably a place with more than one stalker. They'll start moving and stashing the metal around and every time they pick one up there's a chance they will drop a tooth.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    The drop rate for stalker teeth can be pretty low, and using the scanner room, I've found that they'll often fall through the terrain where you can't get to them.

If you happen to be hanging out near some stalkers, there's a really obvious chime sound when a tooth drops. That makes it a little easier.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    So, first of all, it's not really clear from the game itself how to get 'em. I only noticed by accident the Stalkers pick up titanium scrap and break their teeth on it randomly.

So here's what I did. I gathered a bunch of scrap and found me a frenzy of Stalkers, then I simply dropped all the scrap around them and saw them hog it all. Your chances increase a whole lot, the more titanium scrap you give 'em -> Rinse and repeat...
  • privatechrispyprivatechrispy Usa Join Date: 2018-05-16 Member: 240754Members
    Ok thanks everyone
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    So, first of all, it's not really clear from the game itself how to get 'em. I only noticed by accident the Stalkers pick up titanium scrap and break their teeth on it randomly.

So here's what I did. I gathered a bunch of scrap and found me a frenzy of Stalkers, then I simply dropped all the scrap around them and saw them hog it all. Your chances increase a whole lot, the more titanium scrap you give 'em -> Rinse and repeat...

Someone doesn't read the lore...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Someone doesn't read the lore...

mqdefault.jpg
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    A great way to get teeth is to get quite a few stalkers in a place with only one salvage. Stalkers can steal salvage from other stalkers, so what you want to do is use a stasis rifle on the stalkers when the salvage is about to be stolen. This will result in the salvage being switched between stalkers at an alarming rate, thus causing them to spam-drop teeth. I hope this helps you!
  • privatechrispyprivatechrispy Usa Join Date: 2018-05-16 Member: 240754Members
  • LOLeq21LOLeq21 Kelp forest, 97m deep Join Date: 2018-06-02 Member: 241086Members
    They are most likely laying around in the kelp forest.