Cyclops freaking out when seamoth is docked

code99code99 Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231261Members
EDIT: Nevermind, found the problem!

It was a mod called Improved Torpedoes.

I finally managed to build my first Cyclops and decided i should dock my seamoth to it.

All worked fine, docked it without problems, continued playing until I had to log off for a bit so I saved the game.

Upon loading, the cyclops goes nuts and starts jumping allover the place and ends up uside down stuck to the ground.
I am now unable to use it (it blows up after a while).

Tried it with a second cyclops and a new seamoth, same thing happens.

I can replicate this issue 100%
This is game breaking imo! I am unable to dock the seamoth to the cyclops.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2018
    code99 wrote: »

I finally managed to build my first Cyclops and decided i should dock my seamoth to it.

All worked fine, docked it without problems, continued playing until I had to log off for a bit so I saved the game.

Upon loading, the cyclops goes nuts and starts jumping allover the place and ends up uside down stuck to the ground.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people post "Nevermind, found the problem!" or something similar like "Yes, I have this problem as well" and just leave it at that...

So what was the problem and/or solution? You know for future reference, also it's criminal you've got no footage of this rather hilarious sounding bug :D
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    Yeah. I mean, I took footage of what happened with it when I put a floater on a camera... wait.

There were floaters on your seamoth, weren't there? Even if there weren't, I now have to try it.

Did the Cyclops end up 2 million km below the surface?
  • code99code99 Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231261Members
    edited May 2018
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    It's a pet peeve of mine when people post "Nevermind, found the problem!" or something similar like "Yes, I have this problem as well" and just leave it at that...

So what was the problem and/or solution? You know for future reference, also it's criminal you've got no footage of this rather hilarious sounding bug :D

Oh im sorry

Its a mod. Improved Torpedoes. The mod has this in its changelog : 1.0.2
    - Fixed a bug where docking the seamoth in the cyclops was hilarious

IT doesnt really fix it and hilarious is an understatement.

I dont have any footage sadly :)

The Cyclops behaved really weird, rotating around and always gravitating towards the ocean floor upside down eventually getting stuck there and would judder allover the place. Really hard to explain, hilarious at times tho ... it sometimes would get launched into the air and landing on the other side of the map (with me in it)
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    I want that mod just so that I can see that. In creative, of course.
  • code99code99 Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231261Members
    edited May 2018
    https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/61?tab=description

Hmm kinda sucks now, im stuck with 2 cyclops wrecks around the place with no way of removing them.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I used to have this bug, thank you so much for this post. I had this problem so much, and I thought it was a bug with tthe base game. I'll have to remove Improved Torpedoes when I play next.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    I wish I could replicate that but I’m stuck with Xbox one lol
  • kittyowilderkittyowilder Spain Join Date: 2019-03-14 Member: 251741Members
    code99 wrote: »

It was a mod called Improved Torpedoes.

I think Its not that mod. I have that problem when i save a game with the seamoth inside cyclops. After loadding game, if you can enter the seamoth and leave the cyclops (while it is not yet destroyed), evrething goes ok. The cyclops can be repared and used again.
  • Death_KittyDeath_Kitty Join Date: 2019-03-13 Member: 251726Members
    Everything seems ok from my end.