Finally finished (Spoilers)

FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
I got this game in the update before terraforming has been removed.

I'm currently on the title screen after finishing the game.

Usually I only start tearing up at the end credits, with only four exceptions so far: The Last of Us, Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn, and now Subnautica.

I won't go in to what made me tear up before the credits in those other three games, but I will for this one.

It first started the moment when I realized that all I had to do was get in the rocket and launch it.

My eyes started to water when I finalized my time capsule.

And when I sat in the chair? That's when the tears began. What an amazing journey this has been, both with Early Access and development, seeing the game come together in each update, as well as the game itself. I think what made it better was that I made each part of the rocket as soon as I could, it being a long-term project outside of building my base to be an incredibly convoluted thing with way more many parts than it needs. Seeing the rocket come together, all that I needed to do next was actually cure myself and disable the QEP. I love this game so much.

Thank you, Unknown Worlds Entertainment, for creating this beauty of a game. I would be very much surprised if it isn't a candidate for GOTY 2018.

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I've gotta' be honest, I cried a little as well. And no, I do not respect that I commented where no comment was due.
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    It's fine. I mean, this is in a discussion, after all.
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    I feel that dude. A sense of being part of something and experiencing it grow from early access to 1.0. It’s been a hell of a ride but there is still more to come.
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    I only got the game when terraforming was removed. I first started watching the game before multipurpose rooms were added. Or at least right around that time. So It's been really crazy, seeing how this has developed far beyond the quality of a game with a dev crew this size would normally be thought of to be.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    I got it around update 84 on Xbox and I tested up a little after having
    say good buy to Mr.Sparkles the cuddle fish
    but i watched some igp videos (you should check him out) and wow the main thing that stunned me was the PDA change and the hud I mean that blew my mind.