Marine Jet Pack improvement please...

2»

Comments

• XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Xale wrote: »
    Err, are you saying you only played NS1 in combat mode ?!?

Would it make any real difference in the validity of my argument? :P
    yes, i've played plenty of classic matches ;]

Yeah nice trolling...

No one giving real argument on balance here. Just played again today, Infantry portal costs 20 ress (That's fucking expensive for 10vs10+ games !!!) and scan costs 3 ress (yeah ok hive assist cost ress too but still...). Shotgun only got 6 bullets instead of 8 (yeah ok I can understand this one but still).

Nordic wrote: »
    @Xale Historically aliens have won about 52% of games overall, and have always won a bit more than marines. You seem to be making the mistake that winning = strength. It seems that it is generally believed in the community, but maybe not by all, that marines are the stronger side but that aliens can get behind the lines and win by tunnel rushes. I have no stats that can prove or disprove this. But saying that my pie graph there shows that aliens are stronger is wrong. All it says is that aliens happen to more. You can argue that aliens are stronger, and you are, but my graph does not prove anything.

The following graph is a bit outdated being that it is from 2016, but it does which team wins more often. This also is not definitive proof that aliens are stronger.
    XwCytDR.png

On 12 months marine win 1 time 50% and 1 time 52%.

I don't specifically say aliens are stronger, I just say they have more new stuff, so more variety of strategy. Alien needeing a commander now, I can imagine that on 6vs6 matches = 1 comm 1 gorge 4 skulks (before = 1 gorge + 1 gorging => RT => skulk = so in the end 1 gorge 5 skulk).

As I said earlier, skulk melts & hide a hundred time better in the new 3D engine, making them less visible and more dangerous (and so : more powerfull). I think UWE underestimated this. That's why they now need to remove silence...
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Xale wrote: »
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Would it make any real difference in the validity of my argument? :P

Yeah nice trolling...

No one giving real argument on balance here.

Well, just because you dont like them, it does not mean they are not arguments. Same applies for the changes to the game. There are severe reasons why NS2 is like this; it's the result of 4-5? years of more-or-less continuous development.

All i'm saying, maybe you should play more rounds and get the hang of it better, before comparing it to NS1 and calling for changes. Think of it as a brand new game with some resemblance to NS1.