Falling through Cyclops......

32bitcal32bitcal Canada Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239679Members
This bug has been happening back as far as May 2015 ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/620713633861994551/ ) and it is continuing to happen still.

Can we please get a fix for this???

The cyclops is parked with engine off and the player slightly floats, then suddenly falls through the sub to around 150' below the sub, a splash is heard and you can swim again.
Or you just fall to the ocean floor taking a bunch of damage.

I am currently 700' below sea level in a deep cave.
I can't access storage lockers, change power cells, fabricate, eat, ect, ect... without falling.
I'm trapped in the sub and I can't even power it up because I just keep falling over and over.

Doesn't matter if I save, exit, reload, re-install, verify game files, remove all mods, add more mods, have PRAWN docked or undocked, power on or off, drop all inventory... nothing changes.
Soon as I stand still for a few seconds I fall again.
8 times in 5 minutes I've fallen through the ship, swam back, went back to my storage locker, dropped 2 items in an attempt to empty my inventory... and then I'm falling again.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    There are three issues with this sliding thing...
    1. I for one have the opposite issue of you... After a while of sliding around, I pop up on top of the sub and according to the game am not actually under water. So I have to jump off the sub "into" the water to tell the game I'm IN THE WATER :D Which is quite a distance downward before the game goes: "Oh hey, you're actually swimming there buddy", so if I'm too close to the bottom of the ocean, I will jump to my death.
    2. A bit more rare, but if you're sliding and even dare to jump to try and fix it. Sometimes it does fix your sliding issue, however there is a chance you and your Cyclops will get launched into a random direction at mach speed for up to 1Km more or less.
    3. And then there's your issue, which seems more common where you just fall through the bottom of the sub and also end up in a state of "not swimming, while swimming". However, again if your too close to the bottom of the ocean you shall slam and splatter on the seafloor...

We have a thread for this bug, I see you've found it :D Just dropping it here: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153727/player-sliding-in-cyclops#latest
  • EccleZoneEccleZone Germany Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237105Members
    edited April 2018
    It's too bad but I confirm this -> it drives me nuts!

When I'm aboard reading the PDA for more than half a minute or just staying around or even use the fabricator,
    character begins uncontrolled jumping, hopping ... then suddenly falls through the sub.
  • 32bitcal32bitcal Canada Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239679Members
    I don't have any hopping, but I notice after a few seconds of standing still that I appear to be subtly floating as the interior of the sub slowly bobs and moves slide to side, then instantly I'm falling in the darkness beneath the cyclops.
    I can't jump or use my hot bar till I hit the bottom or I hear the splash again like I've just jumped in.

It's rendered my game useless unless I want to endlessly fall out of the cyclops over and over and over and-
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    Same thing for me, ironically after putting on medium so stopping falling through the world.

XD
    I was at a full stop, using the sub as a base while farming resources.
    Can't even change the batteries without falling to 350ish feet through the ship.
    Still waiting on that fix......
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Could try uploading your save.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've had this problem before, on PC and XBox, but it's been very rare. It's been so long since I last saw it, I can't remember when the last time was.

@32bitcal I take it you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and starting a new game after that?
  • janwahlijanwahli Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250411Members
    This appears to be the closest thread to what I'm experiencing. And as I can't create a new thread until I've posted once, so I'll do it here.

- Saved game whilst inside a Cyclops (perfectly fine)
    - Loading saved game, I am what appears to be outside the Cyclops and the Cyclops is jiggling/clipping inside the terrain/my base
    - Game stutters before inevitably crashes

It feels like it's a lost cause, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Anyway, sorry to partially hijack this thread.

Thanks.
  • jdawg1351jdawg1351 Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187855Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Could try uploading your save.

Where should I upload my save to? This is game breaking as I can't trust the cyclops and I'm on hardcore...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Google Drive or Dropbox (or other similar service) then post sharing link.
  • jdawg1351jdawg1351 Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187855Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Google Drive or Dropbox (or other similar service) then post sharing link.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ajj9KB6djtjAlSnjLhrlPcC2WBo6