[crash] cyclops disappeared!

jackie777jackie777 UK Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213578Members
I play on steam, always with the latest version possible.
I was going SW from life pod 5, trying to find a lost river, so due to that and the uneven terrain of grassy plateau, I kept mostly an eye on my cameras, checking the ground. Suddenly, a wreck spawned in the middle of cyclops, making it shake and then suddenly disappear. My character dropped through the wreck on the ground, ended up wounded, as if there was no water here, and now he behaves as if he was still on cyclops! (There are constant prompts to open the door or take out one of the power cells (nothing happens when I try)).
There's no way I can keep playing like that. I tried going out of the game and back in again, same things repeats over and over again. I can deal with lost cyclops, it will hurt but I can deal - but I really don't want to lose all the progress. I made enough of it, that losing it will really hurt :(
Is there anything I can do? Anyone could help?
Do you need any more information about this? I'd love to just get back to one of my previous saves, but it's probably not even possible anymore (I tried saving and walking away from the wreck, hoping it would glitch me back out).
Huh, now that I think about it - maybe I should try dying? (I'm on survival mode). It ought to teleport me back to my base, and I will need to build cyclops and PRAWN back, but it's still better than losing all my progress.
If anyone has better ideas, please share.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    You could try the console command warpme or kill (to enable cheats, press F3 then F8, uncheck the "disable console" box, press F3 and F8 again, then press ~ or enter to open console. future playthroughs will need to open and close F3 window)

In future, I recommend against saving during most bugs (If you have important progress, see if you can alt-tab out of the game, and copy the old save before saving again)
  • jackie777jackie777 UK Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213578Members
    Will do, thank you for the list of commands to get to the console, I've never even tried to use it.
    I'm going to try it out right now! thanks again!
  • jackie777jackie777 UK Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213578Members
    Alas, both options teleport me all the way to over -20000 meters underground and I start getting voice reports about all bioms at once. While I find it peculiar, it does not solve my problem.
    I had whole day to get used to this sad thought, so I'm deleting this save and starting anew.
    I like playing this game a bit too much to just dead stop. Still - it hurts.

If console commands did not help, would going back to my previous save (that I would have, hadn't I been a f*cking idiot, saving while a bug was still happening) help? Anyone knows?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    A previous save would probably have helped, since this problem only happened when your Cyclops tried to merge with the wreck.

There are some tele commands that take you to specific locations, but that cyclops bug may have had other effects on the save, so a new game is probably best.