Coop or multiplayer in Subnautica? I'm afraid not.

Comments

• IPlayonPCIPlayonPC Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237785Members
    edited February 2018
    Hey sorry I know I must read everything before posting but can someone explain me why, on xbox one before the main menu, it states that "xbox live features (like chat and multyplayer), might not function as expected (or might not function at all)"

Edit: please forgive my stupidity forget What I said.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    Why a refund? the game is really good even without multiplayer.
  • evilmaniacevilmaniac United States Join Date: 2013-12-20 Member: 190361Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • EpsylvenEpsylven Viet Nam Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238407Members
    Quite sad, but you are right :c
  • neckroneckro Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236685Members
    We still want the multiplayer!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2018
    neckro wrote: »
    We still want the multiplayer!

... and the only way you're going to get it, is if the folks creating the "Co-Op Mod" ever get it to run properly with the game.

Cause the Dev's have said many times over, They are just not interested in doing it.

<shrug>
  • RavenBlueFeatherRavenBlueFeather Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238952Members
    ok if not Multiplayer how about fixing the vr support
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    ok if not Multiplayer how about fixing the vr support

You see, that is something doable.

And you'll be happy to hear that the devs have been working on fixing the VR bugs along with Xbox.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    As a shame as it is the game is still good either way. :)
  • Vortex_CamuVortex_Camu Mesa, AZ Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239130Members
    I think having a secondary Gamemode for your friends and the player to be able to man a fleet of Cyclops's would be so cool
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Honestly, did everyone who is complaining forget the mod? No hostility at all, i'm just saying. If your sad they won't add it, go help with the mod's development.
  • IlIWarGIlIIlIWarGIlI XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217123Members
    what if they add "bots" to the game you'd need a sub like the atlas to get to. or a ship that travels across the surface with high powered com beacons which picks up mayday beacons from other "reefs"? i literally JUST typed the first thing i thought of. and the bots are survivors of OTHER mining ships? from BIGGER or SMALLER companies who've decided to try prospecting the planet or just got too close? so there could be i don't know a fleet of ships like the anime "gargantia on the verduous planet"? not sure if i spelled that right... but to build a ship that size you'd have to be able to carve chunks off the aurora... OoO.
    we should DO that. and ships traveling by COULD have things like high powered fusion propulsion engines which just cant achieve lift off but WILL allow for rapid movement for the GIGANTIC fleet of ships or ONE gigantic barge like thing with several different things like the occasional defense barrier from leviathans ONLY. and many hangars for several cyclops seamoth and maintenance crew. or a few fishing biomes for food and water. And add storms AFTER you move away from the reefs. just to add some more life to the game. depending on the settings the bots need or dont need things but only available in 2 modes... otherwise its just building for the hell of it.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited April 2018
    You can't carve chunks off the Auroa, if you do, you would be charged for breaking a law. I'm not joking, it is illegal
    survival requires scavenging. the aurora would technically be considered a wreck.
    everything around the aurora can be scavenged or broken into why not dismantle useless debris and build something useful with it. by this point after everything you've ALREADY used would classify as space piracy. so dismantling a ship wreck to sail across an ocean world with LEVIATHAN class predators to look for other survivors who may or may not have DIED during first contact of an alien containment system until such time as a permanent warning beacon compatible with human com systems with the EXACT range on such defenses COULD be constructed... yeah... excusable necessity.
    edited April 2018
    besides being "outside" of controlled space? who the hell is going to enforce laws that DO NOT apply there and NOT be IMMEDIATELY shot down by ALIEN CONTAINMENT systems i would surmise exist across the ENTIRE planet and orbiting moon/astral body?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Let me say this again, it is illegal to cut chunks off of the Aurora or its wrecks. You may only use small pieces of salvage you find in the ground. Anything else and you are breaking the law. The PDA will tell you this if you scan metal salvage.
    And yes, the law still applies there, even though it is outside controlled space. Remember, Altera can still bill you for every material you collected on the planet
    edited April 2018
    Also there is only one alien gun. And it isn't called alien containment system. It is called Quarantine Enforcement Platform. Also its laser can bend around the planet.
    that seems wildly inefficient to have ONLY one gun. and i did not say thats what it was CALLED i said thats what it is. and ONCE AGAIN who the hell is GOING TO ENFORCE LAWS ON A PLANET YOU CAN NEITHER LEAVE OR LAND ON?
    the blown up wreckage? or the blown up wreckage?
    well... ive never found all the scan things for the... ship thing so i dont know if you can even leave but following MY point from earlier it is STUPID to ONLY have ONE GUN to enforce quarantine. who thought that? a child? or dumbass with absolutely NO forethought to even COMPREHEND this gun MAY one day break or become INOPERABLE?
    and IF THERE ARE OTHER places like what the aurora crashed on? like oh i dont know you landed on a reef structure? like OUR oceans. or OUR planet. 75% is covered in water now but evidence suggests at one point there WASNT ANY DRY LAND... so where did all this come from? a molten core with tectonic plate movement. which means your SINGLE GUN thought which does NOT float on water or have any ability to change its location would be... COMPLETELY SHORT SIGHTED AND IGNORANT! unless of course you have thought of simply enforcing quarantine by DESTRUCTION which would've been more efficient than only building ONE gun which HAS a rediculously high probability of failure. at which point this game DOES NOT HAPPEN.
    or simply build at LEAST ONE gun for each "reef". and give them AUTOMATED preservation systems like... legs or robotic building units. or a floating island which is capable of holding it afloat through the recoil of firing. NOW try telling ME you only need ONE gun to enforce quarantine ACROSS an entire planet with no ACTUAL land mass except for what could be described as mount Everest. which to be accurate IS NOT the TALLEST mountain simply the HIGHEST. the TALLEST are underwater.
    use you brain. think of possibilities. then tell me one gun with little to no means of repairs or transportation is a viable long term solution to quarantine enforcement. especially when something which does not read write or speak its language can just turn it off.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    1. Jesus just say everything in one post and don't spam the thread
    2. It doesn't need repairs because the metal its made of is practically indestructible
    3. it requires something cured to deactivate it, not just anything
    edited April 2018
    sorry. im still new to the thread thing... whatever this thing is. right... the cured thing... i disproved that in the first hour of my game. i just went over and turned it off first thing i did. and "practically" is not entirely. and the planet however many eons it takes will roll the land on the surface under the tectonic plates so the single gun WILL NOT hold up forever. CHANGE and GRAVITY are the ONLY real constants in our conceivable reality.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, you didn't turn it off, it won't turn off unless you've been cured
    How is is it stupid to have one gun? Its laser can bend around the planet. It still works. And yes, no one will be coming out here to nenforce the law, but as soon as you leave the planet the PDA would most likely tell on you that you broke the law.