Seabase Emergencies

Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
I don’t know if some people do this but I sure do. I place bulkheads in certain areas of my seabase to designate different modules and compartments to access the adjoining module and seal it off in case of flooding. I also use some wall lockers as containers for emergency oxygen with 2 standard O2 tanks in each section sometimes multiple ones in each section simply depending on size. In one save I had placed an escape chamber on the top of my seabase so in case of flooding an air pocket would form and the chamber wouldn’t flood. So in the event of complete flooding there would be a designated chamber to escape the seabase to the surface safely.

Comments

• BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Personally, I never risk sleeping without wearing this full outfit.
  • TheSwiftStrikeTheSwiftStrike Join Date: 2018-01-08 Member: 234894Members
    That may be useful if your base is in a biome with enemies that can attack your base. *cough* reaper leviathan *cough*
    It probably wouldn't be necessary in a biome like the Safe Shallows.
    *Looks out window* *Sees reaper leviathan*
  • ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    Game is way too laid back for this! lol
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Honestly, just from a realism/RP aspect, I do this, too. My seabases are as functional as I can make them, complete with status displays. The game may make seabase management easy, but there's no rule that I can't be prepared and complete. :)
  • ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    I will admit sometimes I pull out a reinforcement just to flood my base just for the fun of running for my life and fixing it.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    That's called a drill. :)
  • zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    That may be useful if your base is in a biome with enemies that can attack your base.

Creatures do not do damage to your base.

Though if you wanted to intentionally cause damage to your base then you could plant Tiger Plants around your base.
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    If creatures don’t do damage to your seabase then how the hell is the third degasi habitat flooded and in pieces?!
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    If creatures don’t do damage to your seabase then how the hell is the third degasi habitat flooded and in pieces?!

Because the reaper hated them.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The Degasi must of gotten a defective base. Happens sometimes
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Torgal Corp base-building technology is inferior to Alterra tech, obviously.

Alternately: They built their bases long before the update that made it so creatures didn't do damage. Not their fault they were only around for alpha builds of the game.

Seriously, though, I recently fought that Reaper that's on the east side of Gun Island. I used my Prawn suit that time, just for giggles, letting it pick me up while I punched it. The fight took me all the way back to my base in the Safe Shallows, where the Reaper got stuck between the buildings. I killed it there, but it did no damage to my base.
    6krwFdx.jpg

b4OwgAh.jpg