Spark = Entity report ?

XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
Maybe a dumb question but is there an "Entity report" in Spark ? I can't find anything.

Entity report used to be a tool in Hammer telling all entities used in the level. As a result you be sure you won't have any double for unique entities (such as ns2_gamerule or "light_environnement")

Hammer_entityreportdialog.png

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Xale wrote: »
    Maybe a dumb question but is there an "Entity report" in Spark ? I can't find anything.

Entity report used to be a tool in Hammer telling all entities used in the level. As a result you be sure you won't have any double for unique entities (such as ns2_gamerule or "light_environnement")

Hammer_entityreportdialog.png

No, there is no such feature in the editor.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited April 2018
    Spark has less entities, so it's not a big problem.
    Just put them in differently named layers. Check out offical maps for that.
    Like "Entities - Locations" , "Entity Mapextends" , "Entities Gameplay" (where you can put in stuff like techpoints, resnodes, power nodes).

You can also filter your selection to get only entities.

Cinematics and Decals should each have a seperate layer, I use one global one for them.

You can also make an Entity layer for every location. It's done differently in every map.

Put the unique entities in the readyroom, where u can find them easily, like gamerules, skybox, spawn_overrides.

Btw there is no light_enviroment, you have to fake skylight with shadow casting spotlights and the other light types. Can be messy.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    If all else fails you could always open up the *.level file in a notepad and search for the entities which are spitting out errors to see if you've got a duplicate. Note down those coordinate and go there in the editor to find it and kill it :tongue: Or if you're familiar with the code, just remove it in there
  • XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
    edited April 2018
    ok thanks for the answers
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    If all else fails you could always open up the *.level file in a notepad and search for the entities which are spitting out errors to see if you've got a duplicate. Note down those coordinate and go there in the editor to find it and kill it :tongue: Or if you're familiar with the code, just remove it in there

Yes I taught about that but notepad++ indicates :
    minimap_extents      "      origin	          Å‚ªÀ'©µÂ’DA

The reason I'm asking is because I'm reworking another mappers map so it's very difficult without entity report...

EDIT :

Manage to find my entities by creating a copy of my map and remove half the map, then loading the file in notepad++ to see if the entity is still there or not then doing this as many times needed to find the entity...