Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• KaosFactorKaosFactor FRANCE Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237635Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    @KaosFactor try this in task manager:
    ebe39293e6677935a5fc00f0c716881c.gif
    Courtesy of FlippingPower and 0x6A7232

Thanks for the tip. But it doesn't work.

Can I please get an official response from the game developers ?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Humunanunga some people have had luck forcing Subnautica to run in true fullscreen, by adding this to launch options:
    -window-mode exclusive

Alternatively, you can try disabling scaling in your graphics card.
    edited February 2018
    narfblat wrote: »
    @Humunanunga some people have had luck forcing Subnautica to run in true fullscreen, by adding this to launch options:
    -window-mode exclusive

Alternatively, you can try disabling scaling in your graphics card.

An another good tip. I try it. And I have now a full black screen... With game music and a blue mouse arrow. And the sounds when the mouse arrow pass on Menu (I think that's it). But nothing else. It's sad. I love this game. But I think to claim a refund...

(Sorry, I'm french and my english is very poor).
  • Sprinkley_BinkleySprinkley_Binkley Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238182Members
    edited February 2018
    I'm having issues here. I have to wait a whole day to actually post something so ummmm that's kinda stupid. I get why it's there but when someone needs to post info, it's a bit of a drag if you didn't know about this process prior.

Anyway
    output_log.txt: WRpm627U
    DxDiag: DkWzhdqn

It says I can't post links yet, so here are the link extentions to pastebin
  • bananyabananya Fort Atkinson Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238263Members
    @KaosFactor You are the first I've seen describe the exact same problem I've been having. A bit further up this thread, I listed almost everything I'd tried and I will again:

> Alt+Enter
    > checking all driver settings
    > checking that other 3D games can still play on my computer (they can)
    > Shift+Right-Clicking the window's taskbar icon (no interaction, but any other window responds)
    > uninstalling and reinstalling Subnautica
    > deleting Subnautica caches
    > deleting all Subnautica files, uninstalling, and then reinstalling
    > using the Control Panel to make sure that my one monitor is the only monitor selected for gameplay
    > updating Windows
    > updating my graphics drivers
    > varying key shortcuts for viewing, moving or selecting windows
    > verifying the files
    > NVidia scaling
    > since posting this the first time, I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Steam

And @narfblat since this is the problem I have too, I tried that and there was no response from the game.

Oh my gosh I think I'm having the exact same problem! I tried out what you listed first just to try and see if it's a similar yet different problem but nothing worked for me either. All I get is a black screen and music. Does anyone know the quickest way to contact the devs?
    So... The game works... I don't know why... This morning, I had the idea to change the screen resolution. I changed 1920x1080 to 1768x992. I launched the game. It worked. Good surprise ! I came back to 1920x1080. I restarded the game. It worked. I don't know why.

Try this change of resolution, it came work. For me anyway.
  • bogzbogz Hungary Join Date: 2018-02-13 Member: 237571Members
    edited February 2018
    Hi Devs.

7h 16 min. played
    crashed to desktop about 33 times (got 33 logged)

latest dx diag:
    https://pastebin.com/mf15nTfD

latest log:
    https://pastebin.com/GkCRYFzK

build:59783 (jan-2018)

i5 3.1ghz, 8gb RAM, Rx470

-first time crashed after 4 hours played, after that more and more often.
    -drivers is up to date
    -clearing cache not helped much
    -HDD checked
    -RAM checked
    -Game integrity checked
    -crashing on any resolution and gfx setting

-Don't have problems with any other games.

• slastyonyshslastyonysh Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238270Members
    hi there,

the game is crushed for me each time I try to move.
    I see intro video but every time I try to play the game just shuts down.

I took a part in Beta testing some time ago and everything worked fine. The game was updated and I got the issue.

Unfortunately, I can't post links to log files yet because I just registered. Is there any other way I can send them to you?
  • NathanKNathanK America Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238304Members
    Hey I had spent 14 hours of my time on one save file. I been on and off without issues. I made with absolute certainty that my game saved every time. Today I was on got off to eat and then when I started up the game again the game file was not there. Please fix or help me with this. Loosing all of this is devistating.
  • amrbeanamrbean United States Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238352Members
    Hello Devs,

I have never been able to launch this game. I first tried last week. When I launch the game, I hear the opening music, but the screen continues to show my Desktop. Subnautica is on my task bar, but when I select it nothing happens. I even tried forcing it to maximize via the Task Manager, but that also did nothing. I have Verified the game files which didn't correct the problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled which also did not correct the problem. Please note: I am launching the game regular, not VR.

I have DxDiag and output_log, but the forum won't let me post links.

Yes, I am currently using a rolled back driver for another issue with my Vive, but I did attempt this on the last three Nvidia Drivers, each with the same result.

I am not sure what else to do. Please help.
  • slastyonyshslastyonysh Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238270Members
    hi there,

the game is crushed for me each time I try to move.
    I see intro video but every time I try to play the game just shuts down.

Here are my files:
    https://pastebin.com/24TizPpG - output_log
    https://pastebin.com/Q7x3zvUU - DxDiag
  • SozatoSozato Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238290Members
    Is there a way to optimize the game? It has random bursts of lag for me that take a few seconds for the game to catch up.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Sozato If you're using a hard drive try switching to a solid state drive for Subnautica(and moving windows to SSD helps too). The faster read/write helps a lot when transitioning areas.
  • mistakosmistakos Greece Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238509Members
    ok.. since i cannot yet write a new post.. i'll post it here. I have a problem with my subnautica full release. It keeps crashing after a few seconds (sometimes it is less than 10 secs and other times it can be up to 30-40 secs).

i used to play it normally.. i recently formated my disk (but it was crashing before that). my vga drivers are up to date.. i think my VGA might be the issue but for the time being subnautica is the only game i have problems with.

my dxdiag and output log are these:

DxDiag: pastebin.com/z1S6Sfyv
    OutputLog: pastebin.com/qEw0ptjt

if anyone knows how to help me it would be great..

thanks a lot
  • LoneWolfRULoneWolfRU Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238600Members
    edited March 2018
    Build a base, the game began to freeze up or crash every 5 minutes

pastebin.com/vZKpHquL - output_log

pastebin.com/SwCK6ipr - DxDiag

Drivers, software, everything is OK. There is no overheating
  • SamueleFulghiSamueleFulghi Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238606Members
    The game keeps crashing, sooner each time.
    The first couple of times I played (in Jan early Feb) it was fine. Now each time I open the game it crashes earlier and earlier each time.

DxDiag pastebin.com/gTArE08m

Output data pastebin.com/yUyEgtt9

Everything looks OK on my end.
  • Ybnrml86Ybnrml86 Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238688Members
    Game will not launch just immediately crashes.

DxDiag - pastebin.com/tGMDwrCR
    Output Log - pastebin.com/wyv2xckh
  • KidivKidiv Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238750Members
    ---Ugly bugged creatures---
    Hi there. I thought I've been playing a game with VERY ugly textures and creatures, but...
    But I've seen a Subnautica video on youtube. And they were beautiful. But I'm having an image like on Low settings while I'm using Ultra.
    My PC is alright btw. GTX1050ti and FX-6300
  • ArgGrrArgGrr Aus Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238763Members
    Just made new account on forum for crash report, can't make new topic, so here we go before I forget. Spoilers obviously.
    Win 10
    Steam (playing over steam link using PS4 controller)
    Update 84
    Unfortunately the game crashed on me when running through a phasegate in a prawn suit, from the containment facility to the one hidden in the volcano with the blue key in it etc. It didn't crash immediately, it appeared to load the next area first based on the time the green phase animation was on the screen.
    I was in a bit of a hurry, since I just made a bunch of purple keys and was keen to get back and open the doors, as you would expect.

OutputLog: pastebin.com/GxKUSs2D
    DXDIAG: pastebin.com/hzDk958G

Really enjoying the game!
  • TheLividArtistTheLividArtist Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238809Members
    I have updated everything on my computer including steam, I have already verified the game cache, I have restarted both steam and my laptop multiple times. Please help!

Long version: When I start up any game, it will run, playing the music of the game and an icon of the game will appear, but the window for the game does not appear, and when I mouse over the icon it gives me a white window that usually comes up when something hasnt loaded all the way.

I cannot post links yet, So I will come back when I can. I have all of the data ready.
    I can comment the stats now. Someone please help if they can?
    System info. https://pastebin.com/xLJvfieY
    Output: https://pastebin.com/fzSAxncd
    @TheLividArtist I found a potential solution in another thread:
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Try this:

In Steam, right click on Subnautica in your Library, hit properties. Click 'Set Launch Options' button. Put inside it: -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 Hit OK. Start Subnautica. See what happens.
    another launch option:
    -window-mode exclusive
    or try disabling scaling on your graphics card.
    @narfblat okay! I will try those and see what happens!
  • HalderimHalderim Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239108Members
    Since yesterday I can't launch subnautica anymore ... steam shows its starting the game and then nothing

Yes I have played the game not even that long ago ;)

Have the latest drivers for my AMD Radeon R9 290
    Restarted the computer
    Deleted everything of subnautica
    Installed a new Monitor today that is all that has changed

error.log https://pastebin.com/Atf0sR98
    output.log https://pastebin.com/eh9jQZCQ
    DxDiag https://pastebin.com/dpm3uQR1
    @Halderim Another user has posted an error with Subnautica trying to play on the wrong monitor. If you can, plug the 2nd monitor in and see what happens. There is an option in the game menu which should let you switch monitors, if you can get it open.

Failing that, we may need to use regedit to change your computer's registry settings for Subnautica - I recommend you get assistance if you haven't used regedit before. You can find it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER>software>Unknown Worlds>Subnautica.
  • HalderimHalderim Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239108Members
    Thanks for the advice...it was not the monitor it is MSI Afterburner that crashes Subnautica on my system. As long as MSI AB is running the game does not launch maybe because of the osd overlay that displays fps and memory usage of the graphics card
  • HumunanungaHumunanunga United States Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236861Members
    @KaosFactor ...Oh my god... THAT WORKED. IT WORKED.
  • HelisHelis Mars Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239297Members
    Hi everyone.

So, a few days ago I entered the Inactive Lava Zone for the first time and found that the game crushes consistently whenever I'm in it. I had occasional crashes before, but nothing too major and they seemed pretty random because they didn't repeat. But this one is clearly different, because Subnautica crahses every single time. I don't know how to provide specific in-game coordinates, but it's somewhere near the Lava Castle. At least, I think it is the Lava Castle, I was never able to enter it due to the crashes.

output_log: 1j2gnLjN
    dxdiag: cHr08gvS

Ok, I know that's not exactly a top-notch system, but I'm playing on low-medium settings and I have over 60 hours played already.
    And yeah, dxdiag is in Russian, I can't help it.

Besides, I don't know if it's related, but I noticed that the saves have been taking about 50% more time to load recently.
  • MichelMichel Brazil Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239122Members
    Hello devs!
    After the last update, I've updated the game on steam and got some random crashes after playing for some minutes.
    The crash freezes my pc and I need to hard reset it to solve the problem, can you guys help me?

dxdiag: pastebin.com/p5QLpmbT
    output log:pastebin.com/R3KDqvFB

I love the game and really want to see those improvements on gameplay and story, waiting for feedback. Thx in advance!
    @narfblat none of those worked. I’ve even tried the second monitor trick. My computer can handle the game so it can’t be that, right?