Base Control Terminal

EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
edited January 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Several players have posted similar ideas the last years. I will give that ideas a more visual character and add my own ideas.

I know, there will no new features before v1.0, but, well, dreams are still allowed. ^^

base_control.jpg

Explanations

LIGHTS > Exterior
  • AUTO: Floodlights will be switched on at night and off at day.

DOORS > Bulkhead
  • OPEN: All Bulkheads can be opened with this option only if there is no leak. If there is one single leak, this option have no effect.
  • AUTO: All Bulkheads are opened by default. They will closed automatically in a case of flooding. If the last leak is fixed, all bulkheads will opened again.

Manually open/close of a single Bulkhead is always possible and will override the BCT settings.

POWER MANAGEMENT > Capacity
  • Other than in current SN build the capacity (max) values will not change if a power source is completely drained.

POWER MANAGEMENT > Priority
  • This will change the order in which the available power is used. So you can change the order of this list.

How to build

You can build the BCT with the Habitat Builder on a free wall, like a window.

See also New capabilities for Power Cell Charger and Battery Charger (also with pictures)

edit 2018-01-24: explanations for the Bulkhead feature improved to avoid misunderstandings.
edit 2017-09-25: updated picture from post 2017-08-11, see below. Old picture:
base_control.jpg

Comments

• LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    edited August 2017
    I like the idea for power readouts and the ability to turn modules on and off, but I still want light switches in EVERY room.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    that looks like a dream come true

except it isn't actually in the game

they gotta implement this
  • EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    edited August 2017
    Lulzes wrote: »
    but I still want light switches in EVERY room.

Would love this too. ^^

@Timelord_Fred

Of course, me too ;)

Well, i am a SN player and Subnautica EA is already one of my top favorite games ever. And my Steam client says, that i "life" now 1400+ hours in the world of Subnautica. And i am pretty sure there are players with much more hours than me. :D But, i am also a developer and if i make a suggestion i thought a lot about the needed work, side-effects, balance, dependencies and other things. So i think a "simple" console like mine is much less work than a full command room. And I would prefer to get these features in a "simpler" style than not at all. ^^

But really, i love this concept art from NepsterCZ. And to all who want to see the full topic, here is it:

Command Module - 3D fan concept

I forgot one thing, the Hull Strength. At the moment we get this information only, if we start to build another base part or to remove an existing.

And the BCT now looks more like a display than on the first picture.

base_control.jpg
  • RandyKnappRandyKnapp Seattle, WA, USA Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239174Members
    This is a really cool idea. I have something similar, and obviously more information could be added, but I have these two mods that do similar things:

HabitatControlPanel: (I can't post links because I'm a new forum user)
    BetterPowerInfo: (I can't post links because I'm a new forum user)

Power info is really hard to work with, but the ones that are power sources are easier, so I could work with that.

Also it's really hard to make it actually replace the wall, I'm still working on that. but I might add some of these things to my HabitatControlPanel
    Links to RandyKnapp's mods
    HabitatControlPanel
    BetterPowerInfo

Thank you RandyKnapp for have a look at my thread. :smile:
    RandyKnapp wrote: »
    but I might add some of these things to my HabitatControlPanel

That would be really cool! :smiley: