Can you load a previous save?

xgirlroguexgirlrogue USA Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238934Members
edited March 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I had a problem where I have again fallen through the sea floor (I've built 4 sea moths and 2 prawn suits, all but 1 sea moth have had these issues) and in this new fun times it even thinks I am in air/on land so I can't even swim upwards so I just keep falling.

Problem is I accidentally saved instead of just exiting in a moment of panic (no judging please, I was trying to keep a cat from puking on my nice clean laundry ) and want to know if there is there anyway to get a previous save, because I am quite literally stuck falling into a black nothing, but in 'air' so I can't even drown and get to a safe spot/base.
I was literally just mapping out the 4 warp gates in the main base and going to go meet the sea emperor, so I really don't want to start over. Last time I fell in the prawn like this, at least I could restart - but I did wait till it exploded from the pressure (which was 7014 m in case you're curious) so I could restart then from a previous save and just lose all of an hour's progress, but this isn't even the first time this glitch has happened to me.

Honestly I have had so many glitches that I'm getting pretty pissed, and imo this game seems to not nearly be ready for wide release with so many issues, but I have some this far b/c a friend loves this game and keeps telling me to keep at it so I have for her - looking back this was probably a big mistake and honestly unless they fix quite a lot of problems this will def be a one off game for me,

So please help b/c I don't want to hate the game, but this game is making it really hard not to

also I am playing through steam on comp - not a console

Comments

• Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    @xgirlrogue There are still bugs out there and it might help to let the devs such as @Obraxis or @0x6A7232 about those bugs. with the game files I am sure if you look around in the Subnautica files on your Computer you might find something but if you want just make a new world and start from there. :)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2018
    Hi there. Can you post your full system specs? We've mostly been seeing this issue with people either below, or very close to our minimum requirements. Thanks!
  • xgirlroguexgirlrogue USA Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238934Members
    edited March 2018
    Obraxis here are the specs - they should be fairly above what was needed

CPU - i7-4790 3.6 GHz
    RAM - 16300 megabytes
    Graphics - Intel HD 4600
    GPU RAM - 1136 megabytes
    OS - Win 10 64 bit
    Threads - 8 logical processors
    Version - 59963

Do you need anything else?

Also is there a way to get a previous save?

EDIT - I just looked at the specs that your game showed, then looked again - no I do NOT have just over 1 G of RAM I have 16 installed
    everything else seems like it is right, only thing is this is a Win 10 Pro edition

Also I should note that I was wrong - it made me wait so forgot but this happened going through a portal, not through the sea floor this time - that was the other 3 times..... -_-
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    A more complete system specs can be acquired by using DxDiag, then 'Save All Information'. Then either upload the file somewhere for the devs (Dropbox is popular) or copy/paste everything into Pastebin. That would be far more informative, since things like loading speeds and such might be a key clue.
  • SchlomoSchlomo Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44135Members, Constellation
    Integrated graphics are probably below min specs, but no idea if that could cause falling through the world.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Things falling through the ground is usually caused by collision not loading correctly during map loads. This can be caused due to slower PCs and systems, and this is hard to fix without buying better PC specs or a better PC.
  • bugbugbugbug Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239190Members
    I'm experiencing a similar problem.
    After 37 hours of game, I saved in front of a warp gate I just created:

zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/11/tatt.png

When I loaded the game this morning, I fell trough the floor until I reach the bottom. I can walk around, I can see through walls:

zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/11/dczm.png

I can even see the gate, far above my head, taunting me:

zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/11/xw41.png

I love playing this game... but I'm not starting it again from the beginning.
    If there is a way to reload a previous save, I'm interrested.
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    If you have low system specs, press F3 and remove the "Use frame time for physics step". It greatly reduces terrain glitches at the cost of some FPS

If you have high specs and the game stutters, try using the same screen (F3) and reduce texture quality to 3.
    Thank you Caiobrz.
    I tried both and neither worked.

I have high specs: I played for 37 hours in high resolution without any problems until this sinking-in-the-floor issue.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited March 2018
    Were you swimming or walking when you fell? If walking, press F1 to get your coordinates(called camera world pos, if I remember correctly) adjust the second number by about 30*, then use the command
    warp # # #

with the #'s replaced by the position numbers.

If you were swimming, you may need to use either of these to reset you back to swimming(press F1 to get numbers if you want to tele back, as in the section above):
    warpme
    kill

Either will put you back at the most recent base/Cyclops/lifepod. (edit: kill will lose some items that you didn't have last time you were in-base)

*my guess as to how far you fell; increase/decrease as needed.
    Thank you narfblat!

I didn't know such command existed.
    I'm relieved I don't have to start the game from the beginning. Thanks.
  • thomwblairthomwblair USA Join Date: 2018-04-13 Member: 240028Members
    Yes, thank you for the command syntax.
  • ShawolMermaidShawolMermaid Join Date: 2019-07-13 Member: 253715Members
    edited July 2019
    Hi @xgirlrogue

Did you ever get an answer to if it was possible to access a previous save file?

I had a different cause but same situation (Hit save instead of quit) and I think a warper warped me and my seamoth into an inaccessible part of a wreck and I have managed to get myself out but my seamoth with important items is still inside a ship.

Edit - I warped myself back to my seamoth and it had somehow put it back into the ocean so I jumped inside and moved away and everything is okay now