What happened to the other knife upgrade?

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
I have finished the game and have the Thermal Blade upgrade, but the upgrade that takes a diamond is missing. Has it been removed? If so, why?

Comments

• Peeper4546BPeeper4546B Join Date: 2017-12-28 Member: 234640Members
    Copy and pasted from the wiki:

"The Hardened Blade was an upgraded version of the Survival Knife. It was crafted with the Modification Station. Its damage output is 30 health. Before durability was removed it had double the durability than the Survival Knife. It was removed since it was deemed worthless when durability was removed."

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Hardened_Blade
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Well that stinks.

I was really hoping to put one in my Time Capsule when I finished.

There goes that idea...
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I think you can still get it with console
    Item diamondblade
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Ah, durability removed. That's a good thing, and ofc makes the hardened knife pointless. I don't go to the wiki anymore, it's horribly outdated, full of errrors and doesn't play nice with the Opera browser.

I was going to put one in a time capsule, but instead I sent some computer chips and wiring kits. Besides, it's better not to put advanced items from the modification station in them.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    Actually the wikia is up to date now. Infact it is usually up to date. If it was outdated for you then it was most likely because the wikia was up to date with exp builds instead of stable builds during early access
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Ah, durability removed. That's a good thing, and ofc makes the hardened knife pointless. I don't go to the wiki anymore, it's horribly outdated, full of errrors and doesn't play nice with the Opera browser.

Wikia has lots of browser compatibility problems, and those that it doesn't fight with it bogs down to atrocious load speeds.

Up to this point its accuracy issues were caused by the game being updated so often with substantial changes. Now that version 1 has been released and stabilized, the wiki should be pretty accurate...well, until the first DLC drops. ;)
    edited March 2018
    Well as long as you use the correct Subnautica Wikia and not the Subnautica Concpet Wikia that is out of date to the point that it says Reapers cant break the cyclops
  • Muninn_CrowMuninn_Crow Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238401Members
    I am proud to say I still have my Hardened Knife. It has become a crucial tool in my arsenal, and I have no intention of going back to standard or thermal knives. Despite being removed from normal accessibility, my knife still works great, and I have not noticed any chance in capabilities such as damage output that might indicate it is really a standard knife.
    I just wish the hardened knife had a bit of diamond-like glimmer to distinguish it from normal knives. Makes the last of the knives feel a bit more special. :P
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Would still have liked to have been able to make the diamond knife for aesthetic purposes.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Would still have liked to have been able to make the diamond knife for aesthetic purposes.

Why would Alterra give aesthetic items for survival purposes?
    Actually the wikia is up to date now. Infact it is usually up to date. If it was outdated for you then it was most likely because the wikia was up to date with exp builds instead of stable builds during early access

Not anymore. I'm always finding outdated audio, text, and images everywhere. But, I do have to say, they certainly try to keep the wiki working.
    edited March 2018
    I have seen some outdated pics on some pages but some are so small that it isn't a bug deal. But I haven't seen any outdated audio. Though I guess an possibility is that you viewed the page at a time someone changed the info to the stable builds when the wikia goes by exp builds
    Though I still wish the hardened blade was kept in game as a knife that was meant for flora. The thermal cooks fauna so logically the hardened should of done something special with flora, like you can hit the plant more times before it breaks
  • shierig9shierig9 United States Join Date: 2020-02-17 Member: 257994Members
    Are you asking to upgrade your knife? then I suggest you see the [/url] of the best survival knives.