Update 84 Released on Steam - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageUpdate 84 Released on Steam - Subnautica

Since Steam launch in February, we have been prototyping potential Subnautica expansions, working on Xbox One launch, and working on tidying up some of the more glaring bugs in the Steam 1.0...

Read the full story here

Comments

• DragonChesterDragonChester Alberta Canada Join Date: 2017-08-11 Member: 232354Members
    edited March 2018
    Please look into Controller support for Subnautica and please look into adding Vulkan API Support. Another unity (indie dev team) is adding to there game.. Unity game. 7 days to die is getting vulkan API support.

Ds4 Controller is " still broken" Tested it on 2nd PC (my dedicated Ark server) i5 3.5 ghz/16 GB/GTX 670 FTW/HDD/Window 7 64 bit. Fresh install windows/all updated. DS4 Controller does not work on it either with Subnautica. Please look into this. That 2 different PC and does not work on either pc. When it use to work fine few patches ago.
  • NotVulpixNotVulpix United States Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238717Members
    unfortunately we still cannot get the final achievements. The Neptune rocket is now unable to be launched and the Sunbeam is still being shot down with the enforcement platform disabled.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    NotVulpix wrote: »
    unfortunately we still cannot get the final achievements. The Neptune rocket is now unable to be launched and the Sunbeam is still being shot down with the enforcement platform disabled.
    I wasn't aware there was a Sunbeam achievement.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The sunbeam shouldnt be shot down by the gun when it is off. When it is off the sunbeam just leaves due to a debris field. If it is still being shotdown that means commands were used or you disabled the gun during the timer or actived the timer after disabling it
  • SykomykeSykomyke Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20316Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    NotVulpix wrote: »

I believe you are confused. The only two achievements currently unattainable are "Leave only Time capsules" (related to launching a time capsule) and "Go among the stars" (launching the Neptune). There's no achievement related to disabling the platform. The sunbeam event is a fixed story arc that cannot be altered.
  • SykomykeSykomyke Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20316Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Please look into Controller support for Subnautica and please look into adding Vulkan API Support. Another unity (indie dev team) is adding to there game.. Unity game. 7 days to die is getting vulkan API support.

Ds4 Controller is " still broken" Tested it on 2nd PC (my dedicated Ark server) i5 3.5 ghz/16 GB/GTX 670 FTW/HDD/Window 7 64 bit. Fresh install windows/all updated. DS4 Controller does not work on it either with Subnautica. Please look into this. That 2 different PC and does not work on either pc. When it use to work fine few patches ago.

Controller support is generally not something devs look into unless they've specifically mentioned it. I don't use controllers to play PC games (not sure why you would either unless it's a poor console port that the devs of that game did a bad job porting to pc).

Also, asking for vulkan API support seems rather random. I don't go into a resteraunt and demand that they start serving cherry pie. I may like cherry pie, just as you like Vulkan API (for whatever reason), but randomly coming to an Update release note asking for stuff is *not* the place to do it.

1) Choose a forum to submit your request, not a patch note.
    2) Give a valid reason as to why you are requesting it. You didn't provide any info other than the fact that someone else is using it. You realize API's aren't just a "everyone should use it" right?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I remember when you could first disable the gun in exp and people would do that, then they would use a command that plays the scene of the sunbeam being shot down. Then they get upset it still got shotdown despite typing in the command that plays the scene of it being destroyed.
    Some people perfer playing PC games with a controller. I perfer playing Subnautica with a keyboard despite that when I play Resident Evil HD I use a controller because the keyboard controls suck when you are playing a game with tank controls.
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    It's good to know the game is still worked on after early access. I would like some optimization, in a later update. Every 10-20 minutes I have a major FPS drop that lasts 2 or 3 minutes.
  • DonDeDeckelwechDonDeDeckelwech Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236906Members
    The last two achievements still do not work. Still "Rocket not ready"...
  • DragonChesterDragonChester Alberta Canada Join Date: 2017-08-11 Member: 232354Members
    edited March 2018
    Sykomyke wrote: »
    Please look into Controller support ... (Snip)

do you even know what Vulkan API is? and its newest version of what OpenGL is..
    Oh guess what before DirectX was ever born. All games we're running either OpenGL or mini GL (3dfx) drivers back in the day. The only reason DirectX got anywhere is because Microsoft made a console and they didn't want to use OpenGL and made their own API, Then threw millions of dollars and support at it and basically forced everybody to use DirectX cuz it was where support was.. OpenGL didn't have money or/and very little support. Now fast forward to 2015 and AMD basicly said. Forget DirectX. and proved to the world that they could make better API with better performance. And they did that. but in the end they stop and handled over the "core" of what Mantle was to the Khronos group which basically turned OpenGL around to new version of Vulkan API..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_(API)#Similar_technologies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

DirectX 12 is LOCKED behind windows 10. As dev which is better, Able to target as many as possible or to limit your base to only Window users for directX?

Guess what, Every other device that has screen today chances its NOT using DirectX API Software, It be some form of OpenGL and/or custom version of it (Ios/Android/Other devices that have screen or display graphics) All the consoles would be using some form or custom version of OpenGL except Microsoft Xbox. Yes that right all old ps1/ps2/ps3/ps4/Nintendo wii/Wii u/and maybe even older systems prob we're using some form of OpenGL.

-https://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/what-is-amd-vulkan-and-what-does-it-mean-for-the-future-of-gaming-1323469
    - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/24/vulkan-api-hardware/
    - https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-supports-vulkan/
    - http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/01/Why-you-should-use-OpenGL-and-not-DirectX
    While this one is really old post. it still gives a bit history about openGL Vs Directx.

and last not not least.
    http://www.game-debate.com/news/20774/id-software-using-directx-12-over-vulkan-literally-makes-no-sense
    Even Valve has said that DirectX12 makes no sense vs Vulkan
    https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/valve-directx-12-does-not-make-a-lot-of-sense-vulkan-does/

Ps I have posted in forms and asked directly but of course I was ignored. I started playing Subnautica with controller cuz I have my PC hooked to my tv and want just sit back and relax and enjoy it with controller because it's MY CHOICE and I want to play that way. Not that can't play with keyboard but it IS my choice.. It on Xbox one. They "Have" DS4 and Xbox controller support in game. so it should be working. Not ignored and broken.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Subnautica is using DX11. I imagine when they switch up, they'll use Vulkan? THey're using Unity, supposedly it's easy to enable Vulkan on Unity (I dunno if that's the case with Subnautica though).
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    An update fixing most of the bugs?

Doesn't matter if nothing new is added or not

10/10
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Subnautica is using DX11. I imagine when they switch up, they'll use Vulkan? THey're using Unity, supposedly it's easy to enable Vulkan on Unity (I dunno if that's the case with Subnautica though).

ya I know they using DX11 currently and they do have support for OpenGL but its not very well optimized and we do know Unity got Vulkan Support and few other devs are adding it to there games as well. I do hope the Subnautica team will hopefully add Vulkan or perhaps there next game will have it. It would help I think for both low end/mid range and high end PC run a bit smoother..
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    @DragonChester
    I agree with your reply, but you put everything into the quotes and it got a little confusing.

I don't get why some people snipe against controllers. They are by far, IMO, the most comfortable way to play games. Unless it is multiplayer or RTS, I'll go with joysticks. Always.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Sykomyke wrote: »
    Controller support is generally not something devs look into unless they've specifically mentioned it. I don't use controllers to play PC games (not sure why you would either unless it's a poor console port that the devs of that game did a bad job porting to pc).

I have to disagree with you there, buddy. It all depends on the game of course, but certain games were designed with controller use in mind. Final Fantasy XI can be played on PC with a mouse and keyboard, but it plays oh so much better when you are using a gamepad controller to play it. (It also was originally designed for the PS2, so I must point out that Square-Enix did an excellent job porting it to PC). Then there are other games I've had the pleasure to play on PC that work better with controllers instead of a mouse/keyboard kludge setup, such as Starsiege: Tribes and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Again, I must point out it depends on the type of game you're playing, and which setup is better suited. But not all games are created equal, and having an attitude vs an open mind against any particular gaming setup is just bizarre to me. You may not like it, but controllers are a great way to play PC games in this day and age... Just thought I'd share my 2 cents. :smirk:
    edited March 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

ya I know they using DX11 currently and they do have support for OpenGL but its not very well optimized and we do know Unity got Vulkan Support and few other devs are adding it to there games as well. I do hope the Subnautica team will hopefully add Vulkan or perhaps there next game will have it. It would help I think for both low end/mid range and high end PC run a bit smoother..

Sorry ignore this one.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    @DragonChester
    I agree with your reply, but you put everything into the quotes and it got a little confusing.

I don't get why some people snipe against controllers. They are by far, IMO, the most comfortable way to play games. Unless it is multiplayer or RTS, I'll go with joysticks. Always.

Sorry not slept yet and it's 7am here, I know my post was a bit sloppy but Ya I play both PC and console and even on my ipad sometimes, but ya sometime better with keyboard/mouse. Sometime some games are better with controller ;)
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Thanks for the fixes! Please next updae fix access to PRAWN modules and storage when docked in the Moonpool. Cheers!
  • SaradorieSaradorie Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237847Members
    The sunbeam shouldnt be shot down by the gun when it is off. When it is off the sunbeam just leaves due to a debris field. If it is still being shotdown that means commands were used or you disabled the gun during the timer or actived the timer after disabling it

Why should it matter when you deactivated the gun (Also if not before or during the timer, then when should the gun be disabled?) if the gun is deactivated then it should not fire.
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    You forgot to mention that the long lag/hang when adding or removing modules from a base has been fixed (or is it still on experimental?)
  • Jarod997Jarod997 Ottawa, Canada Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236869Members
    The "Steam 1.0 Glaring Bug Update". =8o)
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Looks on Steam comments
    90% Multiplayer requests
    Closes tab
    Deletes the Internet
  • WwannabeeWwannabee Canada Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238734Members
    What happened to the console command on PC? Shift~ seems to have disappeared, or at least it's not working today after my update.
    Saradorie wrote: »

Why should it matter when you deactivated the gun (Also if not before or during the timer, then when should the gun be disabled?) if the gun is deactivated then it should not fire.

The reason why it matters is that if you activate the timer or do it while the timer is on screen, once it hits zero it starts the Sunbeam getting shot down scene. Basically, it is a developer oversight with the timer and stuff. Either way it doesn't really matter since the devs don't want the sunbeam to save you
    Wwannabee wrote: »
    What happened to the console command on PC? Shift~ seems to have disappeared, or at least it's not working today after my update.

Well, never mind, it seems to be working now. I try not to use it, but if I wanted to play in Survival Mode I found it very frustrating catching food at first.

Now it seems that the Pathfinder Tool doesn't work for me. At least it gestures as if it's releasing something, when I use it, but nothing comes out. I have used it previous to this build.
  • HogweedHogweed Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238742Members
    Did this affect the Mods? I just opened a save and none of the mods are active. Anything I need to do?
    May I just say that waiting in the dark until daylight is incredibly boring. Couldn't there be a "sleep" function or something?
    Wwannabee wrote: »
    May I just say that waiting in the dark until daylight is incredibly boring. Couldn't there be a "sleep" function or something?
    You're joking right?