Ghost leviathan in Safe Shallows

QuigsterQuigster United States Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238188Members
I think this is a bug. Reported via F8. Photo for posterity sake.
YJs80g0.jpg

Comments

• Blue_NovaBlue_Nova Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238638Members
    ..... A. did you lure it, or B. did you use consoles?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I've previously seen stuff spawn at 0, 0, 0 if the game forgot where it was supposed to be, but you seem to be far from there. From the F1 menu I can see you are quite far from that point, did you travel through that area recently?
    narfblat wrote: »
    I've previously seen stuff spawn at 0, 0, 0 if the game forgot where it was supposed to be, but you seem to be far from there. From the F1 menu I can see you are quite far from that point, did you travel through that area recently?
    I can't tell from this distance, is it a juvenile or adult?
  • QuigsterQuigster United States Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238188Members
    I did not lure it, nor did I use console commands. Have never used console commands. I had just set up a small base in that area for scanning and material gathering, and was out gathering Quartz, when I heard the "scream" of a Leviathan. I even yelled out loud at the PC, "that's not supposed to be here" and my wife who was next to me playing ESO said, "what's not right?". I scrambled back to my SeaMoth, turned, and found this thing approaching. I said "That", and pressed F11. Really caught me off guard. When it turned away from me it clipped through the seabed and disappeared. Came back a couple minutes later. I am thinking it got outside it's patrol area due to a glitch.
    Juvinile or Adult?
  • QuigsterQuigster United States Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238188Members
    If I had to choose, I would say adult given how long it was but I am no expert on these things. I do know there are supposed to be two adult ghost leviathans in the Grand Reef, which is probably the closest biome to my location to have those things. Perhaps this is one of those two?