No nickel spawns anywhere in the fossil cave[where it always is]

GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
As the title says, in my current playthroughs made after launch, no where in the fossil caves, both entrances and all through out, along with the volcanic region underneath there are no nickel spawns what so ever. I have spent hours searching and not one piece. Usually the minable ones are in the acid pools and some loose pieces are around the banks of those pools with the odd rare piece of it being in a multitude of other places thoughout these two biomes. But again, after hours of looking, i have found not one piece.

Comments

• KUZYRIIKUZYRII Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236328Members
    I have multiple bugs like, when I hit the gel stacks with knife, they just disappear, deep mushrooms not spawning, also havent seen any nickel either. I have 17 hours of gameplay... I'm sad.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    For both: try verifying your game files in Steam.

@GameSage try setting up a scanner room. I've seen a recent thread where they were having trouble finding it, because spawns have been moved a bit.
  • GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    @narfblat, The scanner room idea had occured to me. So i took full advantage of the fact that 90% of the minable ore spawns seemed to have gotten turned into titanium. In the cave with the lava coral and the one with the trippy looking caves, and as well as the chamber with the ghost leviathan egg.

I upgraded all of them, about 10 scanners in total with 4 scanner range upgrades. I know that sometimes it takes a while for everything that is detectable to populate the scanner list (ex. i set one up in the red grass area near the jelly shroom caves. at first there was only one page of options. most of it fairly esoteric items that have maybe 1 or 2 obscure uses. After taking my sub out on a wreck searching run, i came back an hour later and there was 4 pages of options.) After letting each scanner sit for an hour i went to them one by one. All scanners confirmed that there was no nickel anywhere. There was a rather overwhelming amount of titanium though.
    the nickel itself does not seem to be all that essential. If i make sufficient preparations, i could make it all the way to the sea emporer containment station from the 900 meter mark at the main entrance to the lava biome.
    Anyone else have the problem of an entire classification of something simply not existing in game? like an entire ore type having no presence what so ever.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    You could try clearing your cache. In case it's still just the save that is borked, press f1, write down the coordinates, start a new game, and use the code warp # # # (replace "#" with each number)

If that doesn't work, try a full uninstall and reinstall - copy saves and restart pc first, uninstall, then delete any pesky files that may remain, then install.