Can't Craft

Irradiated_ImpIrradiated_Imp Earth Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228742Members
So I decided to hop onto the game today to see what all's been changed in the full release. I go into my save,creative specifically, and find out I can't craft anything. I open up the menu to craft something, click on what I want to make and the menu closes like normal, but I don't have the object to set down and make. I was in experimental before the full release so I decide to go in and change the settings so that I'm not in experimental. Still can't make anything. I uninstall and reinstall the game and still nothing. I tried to google to see if anyone else was having this issue, but there wasn't anything. At least, not anything recent. As far as I could tell, there wasn't anyone with the same issue on the forms.

So I could use some help here.

Comments

• Uriel238Uriel238 Vacaville Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224434Members
    This is a bug plaguing left-handers (or anyone who revises the use controls). The game really wants you to use the LMB to choose things from the menu, even if that's not normally what you use.

It's been a problem since the quietly patch and we're waiting for a fix. (The game is unplayable to me as it is.)
  • Irradiated_ImpIrradiated_Imp Earth Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228742Members
    Well that's not the issue I'm having as far as I can tell. I don't think I've changed any of the controls since I got the game.
  • ShortzyShortzy Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235944Members
    I think I am having the same issue but mine is just related to the habitat builder, and specifically, habitats, the buildings themselves. Despite having the blueprints I cant put down a multipurpose room or any corridor. It seems to let me create everything else.

I havent changed any key bindings either, as has been mentioned as a possible issue.
    I also attempted to load a save from June2017 and all habitats and corridors were just missing, basically causing me to fall through the floor and walk along the sea bed as if there was no water.

Could this be an issue of these features not loading into the game at all?
  • Irradiated_ImpIrradiated_Imp Earth Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228742Members
    Shortzy wrote: »
    I also attempted to load a save from June2017 and all habitats and corridors were just missing, basically causing me to fall through the floor and walk along the sea bed as if there was no water.

YEah that's the issue I have. Hopped into Survival to see if that worked, and I could make stuff liek the Habitat builder and scanner, but I couldn't make any of the habitat stuff.
    Im still playing a little bit as I can do everything else. I just was able to find all the Cyclops pieces so I am going to make that and hope they fix the habitats in the next build. I honestly have no idea what this could be. I have been playing this game for years and never had an issue like this through all the early access builds but my game breaks when the full release happens. haha

I even tried starting a new game thinking it was just that save but no luck, made the habitat builder as quickly as I could and still no luck. No foundation, no corridor, no rooms.

I am playing the version released 1/22/18 which I think is the most recent.
    Shortzy wrote: »

YEah that's the issue I have. Hopped into Survival to see if that worked, and I could make stuff liek the Habitat builder and scanner, but I couldn't make any of the habitat stuff.

Hey buddy, I was given some advice in another thread and it fixed it for me so I wanted to make sure I shared with you.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @Shortzy verify your local Subnautica files in Steam. (Right click Subnautica, Properties, local files, IIRC)

I have done this to fix other issues with other games in the past but i never did it for Subnautica. This fixed it immediately and i didnt need to start over.
    Didn't work. Unless I did something wrong.
    Bumping this to see if anyone else has this problem or to see if I can get a dev to respond
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited March 2018
    @Irradiated_Imp it should have given a message that the game files were successfully validated.

You may need to try a reinstall. Restart computer, and copy any saves you want to keep before doing the uninstall. After uninstall, delete any pesky files that remain. Then reinstall the game.
    narfblat wrote: »
    @Irradiated_Imp it should have given a message that the game files were successfully validated.

You may need to try a reinstall. Restart computer, and copy any saves you want to keep before doing the uninstall. After uninstall, delete any pesky files that remain. Then reinstall the game.

You are a god send. IT's finally working again.