Critical Bugs

romi1996romi1996 Ha Noi Join Date: 2017-12-21 Member: 234531Members
I Really don't know how to describe this bug anymore , seem the best solution is to make a whole new save.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MM7aH1wiquo&quot; frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments

• kzintzikzintzi Australia Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238442Members
    I need to wait 24 hours and post once before I cam post about my issue.. that's a pain in the arse...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @romi1996 There are a few console commands that may help. To enable the console, press f3, then f8, and click the box that says disable console. Press f8 and f3 again.

first command to try is
    warpme

you can also move yourself outside the Cyclops by facing the nearest wall and using
    moveforward 10

• BonelessBobBonelessBob canada Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238357Members
    @romi1996 do you use the default windows audio drivers? if you do try installing realtek audio drivers. I had the same problem and that fixed it.
  • sundancenpsundancenp Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238578Members
    I also need to wait 24 hours. it seems that my save got corrupted and creature spawnrates are wack as well as structures like alien installations and wrecks just disappearing. gone. vanished. this is my first playthough and ive put a lot of time into save so I'm kinda sad. cant really do story when buildings dissapear
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @sundancenp you might be able to fix all that by clearing your cache. It's also possible some of Subnautica's files are corrupted, so the next thing to try is verify game files on Steam.
  • romi1996romi1996 Ha Noi Join Date: 2017-12-21 Member: 234531Members
    edited March 2018
    @romi1996 do you use the default windows audio drivers? if you do try installing realtek audio drivers. I had the same problem and that fixed it.
    narfblat wrote: »
    @romi1996 There are a few console commands that may help. To enable the console, press f3, then f8, and click the box that says disable console. Press f8 and f3 again.

first command to try is
    warpme

you can also move yourself outside the Cyclops by facing the nearest wall and using
    moveforward 10

sundancenp wrote: »
    I also need to wait 24 hours. it seems that my save got corrupted and creature spawnrates are wack as well as structures like alien installations and wrecks just disappearing. gone. vanished. this is my first playthough and ive put a lot of time into save so I'm kinda sad. cant really do story when buildings dissapear
    narfblat wrote: »
    @sundancenp you might be able to fix all that by clearing your cache. It's also possible some of Subnautica's files are corrupted, so the next thing to try is verify game files on Steam.

Verified game files , clear cache did not work for me. I'm using alienware realtek audio driver. It seems the whole save is corrupted. And I'm getting sick of it.
    Spending over 72 hours of playing and still can't finish it in peace xD
    I can't even use the console too xD
  • batsoup66batsoup66 Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238641Members
    So just now I had this bug were I was in a Prawn suit with a grapple arm which I was using to move through the Lost River and then I glitched through the floor and kept falling forever. I had to restore to an earlier save but it also happened to me once before, about a month and a half ago in the Safe Shallows. Both times I had a only grapple and no other arms attached. I'm running the latest version I don't know which off hand.

Hope this helped
  • sundancenpsundancenp Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238578Members
    edited March 2018
    @narfblat I verified files and that did not work but deleting cache did. That also resets all force fields I've deactivated and nodes ive mined though so that sucks but ehh.

The problem that was happening was that specifically around the mountain island and in the floating islands structures were disappearing, heat spots did not have proper particles or lighting, and there was no vegetation flora or fauna.

Edit: force fields did not actually reset my bad.
  • ddonahueddonahue United States Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238804Members
    I too find it very annoying to not be able to post my bug about the F3 and F11 keys not working on PC after the last update.