MAJOR LAG 10FPS-0FPS

Base_builder_09782Base_builder_09782 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236135Members
1. Ok so I've got HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEABASE but my save is so laggy that I have to be 1000m away to get back to normal speed
And when I'm building it goes to 80% than the game freezes for 3min every time I use the habitat builder

Developers can you please fix this

Also I keep dying in my base (because it's around a volcano and part of it goes super close) so can you make it that when you have power it doesn't matter how hot it is you stay normal

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Maybe it's not a good idea to build huge seabases? Regardless, I believe that the performance is being worked on.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Maybe it's not a good idea to build huge seabases? Regardless, I believe that the performance is being worked on.

Well, we have Creative mode where you can build and build to your heart's content for free, so it's to be expected. I'm pretty certain there's a resource-gobbling bug (or two or three) lurking somewhere that needs stomping.
  • Base_builder_09782Base_builder_09782 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236135Members
    I don’t think it’s a resource gobbling bug because in survival it’s fine it’s just creative
    I think it’s time that @Obraxis and other subnautica devs including Xbox and pc and oculus even though I only have it on Xbox but my friends have reported the same problem and i’ve seen other discussions about the same problem
  • Base_builder_09782Base_builder_09782 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236135Members
    TO FIX THE PROBLEM
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The developers have found at least part of the huge seabase bug; steam experimental has much less lag when building more pieces onto a large base. I don't know when they plan to release this on xbox1
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Would love to know if the fix is coming out soon. I'm trying to work on another leg of my base in creative mode. This one goes through the floating islands, the tree of light, the acid marshes, and the active lava zone. I have to build towards my main base instead of from my main base. I'm just hoping that the new leg will link up to the main base.
    Well they need to release it on XB1 because it’s so slow that it may become unplayable
    I hope there’s a fix too

@Obraxis , @Flayra @gripgames and all the other devs to comment on this and FIX IT
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    1. Ok so I've got HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEABASE but my save is so laggy that I have to be 1000m away to get back to normal speed
    And when I'm building it goes to 80% than the game freezes for 3min every time I use the habitat builder

Developers can you please fix this

Also I keep dying in my base (because it's around a volcano and part of it goes super close) so can you make it that when you have power it doesn't matter how hot it is you stay normal

So, you built a massive base in game preview and are surprised it's lagging, and built your base so part's of it are close enough to a volcano that it's melting you and you think that's an urgent development issue? Never had lag using the habitat builder either myself.
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    I haven't had the hot base problem, but the lag yes. It takes me 3.5 minutes to build anything, and it takes that for every single base compartment. However, I can build things like furniture, trash cans, power nodes, thermal power plants, bio reactors, and solar panels at normal speed.

I have actually gotten so irritated that I want to wait for v1.0 to finish the latest add on to my base, which takes me to the floating islands, the tree of light, acid falls, salt marshes, and the active lava zone.

I'm playing in creative mode. All I really want to do is build endlessly. I find that more enjoyable then the story (since I've already watched Markiplier, Jack septiceye, and ign play it all the way through) and less repulsive then Minecraft.
  • ColePickleIsBossColePickleIsBoss Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238749Members
    The game on Xbox has not been out as long as the PC version. So they have not had enough time to figure out the mechanics of the Xbox version. We need to be patient. The developers are not superspeed robots!
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    I have mentioned this in one of my posts before. People such as @Obraxis really do work hard and they have said multiple times now that Xbox and PS4 are still being worked on. Not only are they being worked on but the PC version is also having work done as well. So just give it some time. If you look around the forums people like @0x6A7232 and @Obraxis have said it is being worked on many times. So just hang in there and hopefully everything will be okay in the end. :)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Catsfan45
    Obraxis wrote: »
    No need to tag us multiple times.

Just sayin
  • distinydistiny Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239061Members
    got same issue on creative.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    I did notice is when the freeze stops (piece is built) my small sub keeps getting picked up again in my sub hangar, over and over again that animation plays then.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Reasons of Lag:

- Too many base segments causes lag, as the models are loaded twice. Basically, every time you build a new model, two models are switched out. This is to allow entry to the new base part. Imagine a singular tunnel. It has multiple models, ones without the end caps, ones with windows, ones with both. They're swapped out upon building new segments, causing lag.
    - It is well known that larger bases cause lag. The most reasonable idea as to why may be that is because the models are all being loaded, causing a lot of lag. Having so many concentrated, high detail models can cause A LOT of lag. That's coming from a PC player, so take it with a grain of salt.

I may be wrong, but this is my best idea.
    got no issues with the same base in any other mode then creative so I doubt it has to do with the amount of models to be loaded
    Well I've heard from others that when you build something that affects the external structure of the base (eg. Models, hatches, Windows, etc) the game ACTUALLY deletes all the data for your base (so that's the base it self, power, interior models, etc) and recreates new data with the new exterior model added. THIS is where @Obraxis and all the others should look at because its the recreation of the data thats causing lag. Here's an idea instead of recreating data just program it to take data that is needed with what your building, and add it onto the existing data, just Luke other games like Minecraft, screamride and other sandbox like games do
    If that is the case that would indeed be problematic and could be the cause of these issues