Cyclops Docking Station

TimeLord259TimeLord259 Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226506Members
I was always thinking about a way for the Cyclops to dock directly to the base. Mainly for convenience. Perhaps a docking tub or maybe a new module on the sides of the Cyclops just before you walk into the control room, in that little empty area between the Sea Moth/Prawn suit docking unit and the control room. What do you guys think?

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Cyclops docking is something that is gonna be added into the future
  • MrOlexMrOlex Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226555Members

Confirmed by the devs? Link?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited January 2017
    MrOlex wrote: »

Confirmed by the devs? Link?

Check column Post V1.0. It's not guaranteed, but a good contender if SN sells well enough for post-V1.0 content to be a thing.
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    edited January 2017
    unless we here from the devs i doubt it, their is a scan-able or something that says cyclops dock but i believe its for the seamoth dock within the cyclops, that is a fourth scan able needed for the cyclops

so again unless a dev confirms their is one planned i wouldn't have high hopes
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    It isn't fully conformied but their plan it to make it connect to your base

Oh look someone on the inter used the correct your
  • ToeiReiToeiRei Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226703Members
    edited January 2017
    it would make sense for getting from A to B without getting wet :wink:
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Unless we hear from the devs, I doubt it. There is a scan-able or something that says cyclops dock but I believe it's for the seamoth dock within the cyclops. It is a fourth scan-able needed for the cyclops.

So again unless a dev confirms there is one planned I wouldn't have high hopes

Y5PIa.jpg

All done :)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017
    Appalaxis wrote: »
    Unless we hear from the devs, I doubt it. There is a scan-able or something that says "cyclops dock" but I believe it's for the seamoth dock within the cyclops. It is a fourth scan-able that is needed for the cyclops.

So again, unless a developer confirms there is one planned, I wouldn't have high hopes
    Y5PIa.jpg
    All done :)

NOW it's done :)
    (check previous quotes)
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2017
    current plans by the devs for a Cyclops dock is on the roadmap

https://trello.com/c/Hg1gT7QR/193-cyclops-dock

pretty much going to be a post v1.0 content addition, that may change. They've moved stuff around on the roadmap before but assume that it'll be post release until otherwise.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    So the moral of the story is to help drive sales of Subnautica to ensure that post-release content development remains attractive. Everybody, Subnautica needs your help! :)
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    I was always thinking about a way for the Cyclops to dock directly to the base. Mainly for convenience. Perhaps a docking tub or maybe a new module on the sides of the Cyclops just before you walk into the control room, in that little empty area between the Sea Moth/Prawn suit docking unit and the control room. What do you guys think?

I've already gotten the Cyclops docking repair module, so how do I dick the Cyclops and to what? I saw that it was something they were going to add, but that post was back in January. Had it still not been added?
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    edited February 2018
    LordDregov wrote: »
    I've already gotten the Cyclops docking repair module, so how do I dick the Cyclops and to what? I saw that it was something they were going to add, but that post was back in January. Had it still not been added?

That was actually funny to read ...

In case you don't know why: No patches since release in January even for bugs, let alone content, and the Cyclops docking is on the roadmap for almost 2 years.

• BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Any idea what form it might take? Is the suggestion for a giant moonpool dock, or some kind of docking tube between your habitat and the Cyclops bow hatch?
  • XsefXsef Norway Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237780Members
    This would be cool, maybe add a base part/multiple base parts that are required to be placed in a certain shape to create a docking station
    Hey @Xsef , I had a close look at the situation after few carpark bingles in the Cyclops. I like the idea of assembling a functioning module out of watertight bulkheads and all.

Seems the simplest and most forgiving arrangement might be a docking station designed around a straight 'basic compartment' with a vertical connector sticking out of it. After far too many bumps and scrapes, a lot of getting in and out, cursing etc. , I managed to align the Cyclops' bow hatch with the top of the connector. It seems this kind of docking set up might well work OK if the Cyclops was given an extra 'Docking camera' looking straight down from its bow-hatch, so you could see just what you're doing.

Of course the vertical tube would need its own hatch on top (maybe an iris door that opens with a prolonged scrapey sound?) Also maybe some gnarly magnetic clamps that first lock onto the Cyclops with a big echoey clanking sound.
    I had the same idea and tried it in creative mode. It would also work if we could angle the basic or glass L compartments up.
    Yeah, it would nicer to have a docking tube that was about as wide as a tube compartment.
  • BEKFASTBOI474BEKFASTBOI474 Signal location uploaded to PDA Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229575Members
    Yeah it would be nice and definitely better than just popping out and swimming like a fish. Greatly needed.
  • M_aVM_aV Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238077Members
    edited February 2018
    Love the docking idea. Something else I would like is an elevator. I'm playing in creative mode and just building endlessly. My base has like a 30 level central pillar (30 multipurpose rooms stacked on top each other.) Within the central pillar is an alien containment going from top to bottom (large tube aquarium inside the central pillar). My base then snakes off into the mushroom forest, acid marshes, active lava zone, the tree of light, the Neptune launch pad, the Aurora, and the Preyetor canon. The entire base is glass tube so you can look around everywhere.

Would love to be able to build a monorail system or something. I would also like to be able to angle L compartments up and down, and I would like to be able to have tube with a slight slant. You have no idea how irritating it is to build from the lava zone to the central base by the Aurora just to find out that since the central base and the connecting base is off by 1m the two bases won't join together. So I have to deconstruct all the way to lava zone and build to the lava zone from Central base, and central base is already huge so building each compartment is super slow (playing the XB1 version still in game preview)
  • DirtyshadowDirtyshadow Australia Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236990Members
    The cyclops hatch is on the bottom and you can't block the prawn bay either, plus the cyclops isn't manevourable.
    Moonpool would be too large and any enclosure would be a pain to park into and

Scanner room style pod with an extendable roof top hatch that latches onto the bottom hatch. Going up a ladder takes you inside and exiting the cyclops drops you in the room.

A console could be added to allow you to transfer power from the base to the cyclops to power repairs... or power recharging.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    I really do hope a Cyclops Docking Station is added to the game.
    The cyclops hatch is on the bottom and you can't block the prawn bay either, plus the cyclops isn't manevourable.
    Moonpool would be too large and any enclosure would be a pain to park into and

Scanner room style pod with an extendable roof top hatch that latches onto the bottom hatch. Going up a ladder takes you inside and exiting the cyclops drops you in the room.

A console could be added to allow you to transfer power from the base to the cyclops to power repairs... or power recharging.

Though the cyclopes is cumbersome to pilot the beauty of the docking bays like the moon pool is that when you get close enough the game takes over for docking proceedure and you don't have to do anything.
    So what is the panel above the cockpit for?
    I haven't noticed any panel, but also haven't looked for it. Can you provide a pic of this panel? Is it inside or outside the cockpit?
    edited February 2018
    5uIjTR7.png

goes right over the top (symmetrical with other side)
    I found these images in an earlier discussion on the subject

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/142186/oh-noooo-another-cyclops-dock-discussion

Not sure if they came from the devs or just fan-art

The panel on top is conveniently placed. I picture that as being access panel for something like cabel hook up (like the ones seen at the planetary defense platform) have a large moon pool with arms that would hold the cyclops at the sides and exit at the bottom.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    Add in cyclops extensions of 1-30 or more meters