Reaper Bones PDA entry

ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
With the addition of the reaper bones in the lost river corridor, the data entry needs to be changed for when you scan the skull. The data entry talks about the bones in the lava zone, saying "ill suited to high temps" (are is not high temp), "burn marks on the bones" (no sea dragon around) and so on. There needs to be a separate entry for these dead reapers.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited February 2018
    Well the Sea Dragons go to surface to feed on Reapers due to kharaa wiping out their main food source. So it is possible a Sea Dragon reapernapped the reaper and ate it in the lost river while another one did it in the lava zone. But yeah the first line should be changed. I like the Reaper skeletons cause new players would be scared if the reaper. Seeing a giant creature. Then they go deeper and find a dead reaper with the PDA saying it was killed by something bigger. Give new people a scare as they now know there is a bigger dangerous creature than the Reaper.

And that creature is the Reefba- I mean Sea Dragon
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    I wouldn't think the sea dragon would go to the surface, instead reapers would be the ones to go downwards, either to find new prey or territory. I think I saw somewhere that sea dragons are not able to survive in low temperatures. I don't doubt that it is possible for a sea dragon to have come out and killed the reapers, (as there is an entrance to the lava zone in this LR corridor) but I feel it would be more likely that the river prowlers would be the ones to gang up on the reaper and kill it, due to the location, the temperature of the area they died in, and the fact that the only time we know for sure a sea dragon left the ilz was when it's eggs were stolen. They did not die in the same condition, so it would make sense for there to be a separate entry for the ones in the lost river.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Sea Dragons are the ones that go to the surface.
    edited February 2018
    0ao19fq9vn7j.png
    says so right here on their PDA ency
    '
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    0ao19fq9vn7j.png
    says show right here on their PDA ency
    '

Oh nevermind then.i still think they should change the Skelton entry as the player most likely will not have scanned the sea dragon yet if they are scanning those skeletons before the ones in the lava zone
    edited February 2018
    I think it is better how it is. Like I said before. You scan the reaper skeleton and get told that there is a creature bigger than it that could kill it, send chills down the spines of new players. as there is a creature they never seen before that could eat a reaper.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I think it is better how it is. Like I said before. You scan the reaper skeleton and get told that there is a creature bigger than it that could kill it, send chills down the spines of new players. as there is a creature they never seen before that could eat a reaper.

And then you scan the enormous skeleton that takes up most of that central chamber in the Lost River, to be told that's just the front third of the beast. We're lucky we didn't crash on the planet 3 million years ago!
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Also, it seems like it is a seadragon that wrecks the last degasi base.
    edited February 2018
    It isnt a Sea Dragon. There are 6 leviathans in game. Automatically we can say the Sea Treader (who shouldn't be a leviathan imo), the reefback and obviously the sea Emperor did not attack the base. Now then, I say a Reaper did. As the roar on the old PDA sounds like a distorted Reaper roar, infact the last roar sounds like a Reaper grabbing onto a Seamoth. More proof is how Paul says the Leviathan is about the size of the Cyclops. Which the Reaper is about the size of. They also said the leviathan almost grabbed them with their tenticals. Reapers don't have tenticals but they do have a part that one could confuse for tenticals. Sea Dragons do have tenticals but it wouldn't be able to see what it is grabbing with them as well as Sea Dragons are a lot bigger than a Cyclops. Ghost Leviathans are in the lost river which is near the base but they have no tenticals or anything that could be tentical like. As well as there were two leviathans at the base. The injured one and the one that destroyed the base. The one that destroyed the base followed the Mart since she was taking the injured leviathan with her. Imo, it wouldn't make sense if a ghost leviathan followed her as they are terratorial.

Also I'm too lazy to fix those spelling mistakes.

Also this is getting off topic
    I think it was a Dragon because of the tentacles description. Also, they eat reapers and there was a disabled (or dead) reaper at the base, brought in by Marge. Saying it was the size of a Cyclops doesn't mean that much. It could be a juvenile, just because all the creatures look the same to us, doesn't mean there aren't younglings in the game lore. In fact it takes ~10 years between the Degasi and the Aurora crash.
    A blue whale reach adulthood between 5-10 years. It could very well be one of the Dragons we found, maybe it just grew.
    Okay, but the log says that the creature tried to grab Paul with its tenticals. Pretty sure a Sea Dragon couldn't see what it is grabbing with its tenticals. As well as the roar in the log sounds nothing like a Sea Dragon
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    It was originally meant to be a sea emperor (like in the original trailer), but since the sea emperor was passive, it was "switched" to a reaper.
    Im pretty sure the Sea Emperor was always going to be passive. even if the original trailer makes it look like it wasnt
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited February 2018
    Okay, but the log says that the creature tried to grab Paul with its tenticals. Pretty sure a Sea Dragon couldn't see what it is grabbing with its tenticals. As well as the roar in the log sounds nothing like a Sea Dragon

Depends on how flexible Sea Dragons are, I guess. If they can twist around like this they could potentially grab stuff?
    3noctuqtz2j4.png
    Okay, but it still isn't a Sea Dragon because the roar in the log isn't a Sea Dragon. Infact, the reason why there is a dead reaper near the base is supposed to hint a Reaper attacked the base. I guess I can see the issue with this Reaper ency
    Well, they had a living reaper with them, brought in by Marge, so Bart could study it.
    Maybe the roar was from that reaper, when it realized it was 'bout to be eaten by a seadragon.

Just saying, stop trying to claim with certainty about what can or cannot be. Particularly regarding fictitious creatures and less then descriptive records.
    In my imagination it was a small dragon.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    It could also be a Leviathan we've never seen - maybe that's why bart was so angry at maida for killing one - there weren't many left, and they have since gone extinct.
    The only reasons why I say it is a reaper is due to the dead reaper next to the base, the wikia and because the roar sounds like a disorted reaper roar. Since the roar is similar to the reaper and the bones next to the base I think the devs are just hinting that a Reaper did it.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members

Depends on how flexible Sea Dragons are, I guess. If they can twist around like this they could potentially grab stuff?
    3noctuqtz2j4.png

If the sea dragon were to grab something with its tentacles, Paul wouldn't be grabbed rather than squished. And anyhow, if the sea dragon swims in the direction it faces, it'd be much easier for it to grab things with its webbed hands. And if it swam over Paul, and then turned its torso around to take a look at what it was doing, its tentacles might not be able to flex in quite the necessary way to bend outwards because of their armored plates. However, I don't now if the armored plates face inwards as well; because a seea dragon could easily grab something to its left with its far right tentacle.

Also, just wondering, what are the yellow pustule-looking bioluminescences on the dragon's tentacles? Are they sensory organs? On the sea emperor, the bulges are the same color as its what-I-assume-are-eyes; as so they might very well be sensors lining the dragon's hindquarters.
    If the sea dragon were to grab something with its tentacles, Paul wouldn't be grabbed rather than squished. And anyhow, if the sea dragon swims in the direction it faces, it'd be much easier for it to grab things with its webbed hands. And if it swam over Paul, and then turned its torso around to take a look at what it was doing, its tentacles might not be able to flex in quite the necessary way to bend outwards because of their armored plates. However, I don't now if the armored plates face inwards as well; because a seea dragon could easily grab something to its left with its far right tentacle.

Also, just wondering, what are the yellow pustule-looking bioluminescences on the dragon's tentacles? Are they sensory organs? On the sea emperor, the bulges are the same color as its what-I-assume-are-eyes; as so they might very well be sensors lining the dragon's hindquarters.

Well, I did suggest a juvenile Seadragon, so it's size might be considerably smaller. Also, tentacles that are not prehensible do not look like the most probable evolutionary path. On real Earth fins are much more efficient propulsion-wise (specially on large animals). We also have to keep in mind that we as players witness only a small fraction of the creatures behavior. One more thing, the Seadragon tentacles look a lot like the Sea Emperor's and this last one displays flexibility with it.
    UF5GuKv.jpg

Bioluminescence seems like a common feature to most creatures in 4546B. It is hard to speculate on it's purpose.
    Maybe, as the dragon lives in caves, it is used to illuminate the surroundings to allow some sort of low-light vision to work. Or maybe it attracts preys inducing them to approach (as Reapers relies on echolocation, I find this unlikely).