Subnautica Xbox One Launch Plans - Subnautica

Comments

• Rlightning15Rlightning15 Canada Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232275Members
    Hey, i kniw you guys have worked really hard on this an i wanted to say i love it! Its been a long time since ive played a game this immersive. But do you know when you can do a bug fix cause theres still a lot. Particularly things glitching through the ground and aroura thanks!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Do you know what would be cool if subnautica had a multi player version maybe a 2 to 4 player game, with a similar story and possibly a new bigger submarine four players, or the same sub for two players... sorry too much?
    I just imagine me and my friends swimming into a reaper laviathan and scattering away while I get eaten by the reaper XD lolol

It's been a while since I've had to use this, but...

a responsibility's a responsibility.

nnqzi2wv2sas.jpg
  • buzzibuzzi Italia Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235499Members
    And the ps4 version?pleaseee i love this game,it's awesom!!
  • Kirito2011Kirito2011 Graz Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237047Members
    My animation in my base are gone like the door. Does anyone know why?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Kirito2011 PC users have this bug with large bases:
    Jekafisher wrote: »
    You need to space out the base into sections ... it's because it renders it as a whole model, if you split the base into sections that are not on the same grid, the bug doesn't occur, you can build a whole city and the game will play fine, but if you connect the buildings on the same grid, you're done, the game decides it's resource saving time! And turns into an even bigger resource hog than it already is.
  • ZomBoiiZomBoii Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237019Members
    When is the game coming out on Play Station?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    PS4 date hasn't been announced, but the devs said they plan to do it.
  • Derpachu_lelDerpachu_lel Not telling Join Date: 2018-02-09 Member: 237202Members
    If you get t on Xbox do you get the full release when it comes or or do you have to buy it separately?
  • Derpachu_lelDerpachu_lel Not telling Join Date: 2018-02-09 Member: 237202Members
    Do you have to buy the full game when it comes it if oh already have the game preview?
    @Derpachu_lel buying early gets you the full game when it is released. The only downside to buying it now is that the game isn't fully optimized. If you wait, however, there may be price increases.

Early Access/ Game Preview generally also carries the risk of a game not reaching full release, but that's not a worry here. :)
    edited February 2018
  • derekfaylederekfayle Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237486Members
    Found a bug in the Xbox One Version as of February 11, 2018. The graphic outline of the lifeboat (beacon) doesn't stay in a fixed position, it follows you around.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    derekfayle wrote: »
    Found a bug in the Xbox One Version as of February 11, 2018. The graphic outline of the lifeboat (beacon) doesn't stay in a fixed position, it follows you around.

Yes, this is a bug that happens when you have the lifepod beacon off on game load. Until they fix it, you can get around it by toggling the lifepod beacon on and then off again (or just leave it on).
  • wolfhorse6wolfhorse6 florida Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237602Members
    First let me say I love this game and I appreciate the hassle of trying to make it run on the xbone So having played about 30 hours here is what I have found. After awhile the popin becomes a real problem. one time I was looking at wreckage and the entire wreck popped in around me and my seamoth trapping me and it. occasionally the frame rate goes to almost nothing but no crashes yet, Mostly on alien weapon island. That island has become a real problem lately, sometimes it's just not there, just a piece of the building or a little tower of land. Since I'm now hunting magnetite, it sucks. Twice when I went there, I jumped out of the seamoth and was in freefall, landed on the bottom, no oxygen loss, sounded like i was walking around in my base The second time I managed to get back in the seamoth and get back to home base but same issue everything was swimming but me. I was on foot! I finally jumped off enough stuff to die and when it reloaded the problem was gone but the island so far has not gotten back to normal It was fine the first couple of times I went there, but no more.
    Small problems with lag, some fish clipping thru the base, surface animations freezing, and the bulkhead animations randomly change sometimes you get the open the door animation and sometimes it pops open like going up a ladder
    Oh one more thing, catching fish on the xbone is a exercise in frustration, not fun, having to steer with the right thumb AND hit the A button with the same thumb to catch the fish just doesn't work.
    After playing for almost 7 hours I just started a new game and switched to freedom couldn't really get anything done because it too forever to catch enough fish to eat hope you fix this I really liked survival
    Hope that helps. I'm really looking forward to the finished product
  • bobtheslobbobtheslob haida gwaii tlell bc Join Date: 2018-02-15 Member: 237661Members
    edited February 2018
    I don't really know how game developing works but I play on a normal Xbox one not s or x that being said I find playing the game in it's current state unbearable here are some bugs and problems that I found.No matter where I am I can see the area of rendered land I am on if you swim away and look backwards you can easily see the land disapearing also I constantly have to worry about the land not rendering when I jump down pits because some times the land doesn't load before I hit the bottom. lots of times when I put ion crystals in the thing to turn on teleporter's or doors the ion crystal glitches out of of the screen.Some other bugs are If you go to the surface you cant see anything below 90 meters below you except your base.When im in enclosed areas like the lava zone If I look up I look at a abyss of unloaded nothiness not a cave wall and ruins the vibe of being so deep down fighting for you'r survival.My cuddle fish disapeared for no apparent reason.I also think you should make it so warp forward works for the seamoth and prawn suit because I constantly fall through the map or get stuck in precourser bases.The frames are better than when the game first released on game preview but there not perfect lots of times when I go into my pda or cut something the game just freezes for no reason and does not move for like 10 seconds. The pop in and frames are better than they used to be compared to previous updates at first but then after you build a base and do stuff it gets worse.One more problem is the teleporter's don't load unless I save the game and then once my game saves it loads to the teleporter location but 90% I just have to re-load my game.I know I sound mean but this is the type of feed back the subnautica devoloper's need to optimize the game.For a fact Subnautica is my favorite game next to borderlands and I can't wait to start up my hardcore account (unlike everyone else) when the game is as smooth as pc thanks. that's what I got out of 40 hours. I would love to get the full Subnautica experience.
  • SeaDragon1231SeaDragon1231 usa Join Date: 2017-01-17 Member: 226886Members
    dodo dodo dooo doooo under the ocean!
  • xIISwiftyboyIIxxIISwiftyboyIIx Liverpool Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237765Members
    02/17/2018 - (Used Commands to show FPS) I’ve played around 1Day and 13Hours. The game in the shallows which includes my base which is relatively large, a cyclops and a Seamoth runs at the lowest 9fps at some points with Highs being 24-28fps. I still enjoy it though. Also, Rendering is around 5 chunks in all directions, very slow rendering.
  • Ccribb1Ccribb1 Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237816Members
    (on Xbox one) Been trying to play for two days now and cant get past 10 or 15 mins of play without the whole screen constantly going black. Every play through jeeke getting corrupted. I've tried countless times to reboot but nothing works. I have to start a new game from scratch every few mins. I understand this game is still being worked on, but given how long it's been out, this issue should have been taken care of by now. I loved the game at first, but now I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed with it.
  • xIISwiftyboyIIxxIISwiftyboyIIx Liverpool Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237765Members
    @Ccribb1 Changing the Graphic Settings to FXAA should stop that from happening .
  • bobtheslobbobtheslob haida gwaii tlell bc Join Date: 2018-02-15 Member: 237661Members
    Yeah @ccribb1 that happens to me when I play on txaa so I just avoid it and play on fxaa You can change them in the graphics menu
  • NewcastlewatsonNewcastlewatson United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-11-19 Member: 234034Members
    I’ve had subnautica for some time on my Xbox and honestly I have just played the game to completion. And yes their are bugs. Like graphical ones where items in your base stop working. But the fix for that is to build small bases like making a village instead of a great big complex. Then theirs the cheeky bug where the map doesn’t load quick enough so you can get inside the map and take a huge advantage. Or the recent bug of the been no water in the ocean and surprisingly the only cure for that was to die and respawn. But as a game I feel spent like your never bored theirs always somthing to build, systems to put in place, upgrades to obtain. I was stuck in the lava tunnels with a cyclops and a prawn very low on cells. Causing me to frantically try to build the heat reactor to stay alive just to build it to have my cyclops wiped out on my way out by a ghost laviathan. The game is so fantastically difficult you can prepare and make it easy or rush and make it hard. Theirs a million ways to play this game. I honestly think this could be game of the year with a little bit of polish this game would be that good.

Thanks for creating such a fascinating game which honestly curiosity can kill you.
  • SteakBoy29SteakBoy29 Michigan Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237896Members
    Will subnautica ever do the multiplayer feature?
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    SteakBoy29 wrote: »

no
  • SteakBoy29SteakBoy29 Michigan Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237896Members
    Dang that would make the game so much better because the game kinda gets boring at times when you have played it more than once
    SteakBoy29 wrote: »

no

• hin_inchin_inc United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238085Members
    having issues with saving the game (xbox one), have the alterra icon spinning now for over 30 mins and when i try to exit to menu it overlapped the confirmation screen with the pause menu and will not exit.
    the only way to stop it is just to crash the game by going to the home page or turning off the console.
    also map exploration is very difficult when i'm looking at unrendered space constantly, even turning around to what should have been rendered and getting just essentially void space making finding where i am at any point extremely hard since the game does not have a map.
    also many times when the surface looks rendered and yet i'm still constantly falling through the map and/or the grappling hook on the prawn suit will just go though the surface instead of doing what it should.
    the only reason i have managed to complete the storyline is purely down to the community guides and wikia.
    if these bugs can be ironed out then it'll be a fantastic game but until then it's terribly furstrating to be constantly losing progress since there is no autosave.
    i've noticed that in the co-ordinates menu that the memory used get ridicously big during gameplay, maybe it is due to that some of these issues are occuring, also i would love to have auto save (but not replacing my manual saves, in a way like fallout/elder scrolls where auto save and manual save are separate would be awesome) just so if issues occur (used to them happening on open world game) that i don't lose a huge chuck of progress just because i forgot to save every 5 mins or after spending loads of time collecting resources only to lose it all and having to repeat it all over.

i do like the game enough that i've started over again but since i'm not rushing through the storyline this time the bugs have become more apparent as i spent more time on it. personally i always end up completing a game then returning to explore and this 2nd run have had way more issues than the 1st but that's to be expecting since i have taken things slower this time now i've realised there is no time limit on curing the infection or discovering the lifepods etc
  • coolbittripcoolbittrip why Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238421Members
    how about a PS4 launch?
  • Xxst33l_t1tanxXXxst33l_t1tanxX layton ut Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238470Members
    i got it on xbox and i would not let me place a foundation at all help
  • Xxst33l_t1tanxXXxst33l_t1tanxX layton ut Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238470Members
    sorry i also need to say that everything but the foundation is working so i can not build a base
    edited March 2018
    @Xxst33l_t1tanxX
    You don't need to place a foundation to build on, you can place corridors or multipurpose rooms without them.

What problem are you having with building? Does the footprint stay red? If so, try building it further from the ground. For any other problems, please be specific (example: "When I select a foundation, it just exits the build menu")
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Hey um I wanted to point out a few things I noticed the visuals for the Xbox one were a bit low rez compared to PC also what irritates me the most for Xbox is that whenever I build a base a fish or two would faze through my base oh also I was wondering for both PC and Xbox one do you think there could be a cyclops dock? There is a sea moth and prawn but I'd like to have the ability to dock my cyclops to my base so I don't have to get in and out of my base to get into the cyclops also the signs you place on the walls seem to hover when yoyou place them and last thing I love those small animations when interacting with things I was hoping you could add in a ladder climbing animation for when your climbing through the base as well as the opening of doors on the cyclops I know this is a lot but I think this would really help