PlayStation 4

TrekvarisTrekvaris Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237066Members
Will there be a PlayStation 4 release the computer I have can't handle it

Comments

• PureMurderPureMurder United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219632Members
    edited February 2018
    If you watched the livestream that the devs did they said that it will come to ps4 90%
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    I'm curious what's in that 10% though, possibly preventing it :trollface:

Also, it's almost a given they will go on PS4. However, their first steps are into a better performance for Xbone and Oculus. Which was predicted to about around a month after the PC release.
  • TrekvarisTrekvaris Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237066Members
    Yes I heard and saw the live stream but they have already sold at least 50k within the first two weeks in launch for XBox one but I have not heard about anything about when they might try to release or if they will beta it first to see what happens for PlayStation 4
    Heck I would love to preorder it now
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    Trekvaris wrote: »
    Heck I would love to preorder it now

I understand, but technically there is no product to sell yet for PS4

The thing is, Sony doesn't allowed pre-release versions on their platform to be sold. So they have to basically build and test it, behind the scenes. This was also the reason why Xbox was chosen as their first console release, because of the Xbox Live Preview program. Making it possible to both sell their early access/pre-release, while developing the game on the Xbone.

The work done on the Xbox release will probably help them in the long run to release quicker for the PS4 though
    You are correct but at the same time they do alow some games and many betas to go to the system I have done some betas
  • milkmanthesamurichanmilkmanthesamurichan Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237193Members
    I will be very excited if they released this game on PlayStation 4 because I can’t afford a new computer or Xbox one and I feel in love with this game when I saw but never could play it
    Maybe we will get lucky and get a devs attention and we could try and friend a wild dev
    Hello Subnautica please give us a beta or something for PS4 we PlayStation people really want to not only play it but help find anything
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Trekvaris as Kouji_San said, PS4 doesn't have a beta. This is a major reason XB1 got it first. The developers have said they were working on it, so I recommend patience.
    edited February 2018
    I just looked into it, it seems Sony do allow "betas", but they are extremely selective, till date they've released exactly one "early access" IIRC (Ark: Survival Evolved). It seems these "betas" might be considered from either well established companies or games with a huge community. PUBG is also being considered it seems...

I don't think UWE is seen as such as of yet even with a rather successful title such as Subnautica, which is still the issue here...

However and TBQH, these so called betas are more like a near release status, so can it really be called beta? It really is starting to irritate me is that most bigger game studios seem to throw terms like pre-release, alpha, beta and early access around like candy some times :D
    Along with that @Kouji_San fortnite is early access to but it's a free game for the pvp PlayStation has me mad now cause I want this game to see it's full potential not just for PC or Xbox but PS4 and switch and others
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    This game would make an excellent VR game, so let's cross our fingers for PS4.
  • PureMurderPureMurder United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219632Members
    Ps4 Does have betas. There are alot of betas out there. once planetside 2 was a beta, well its still a closed beta. the only problem is that most betas are free. the only game that i had seen to have a title of early access was Atom Universe.
  • D3DS3C_PLAYZ_YTD3DS3C_PLAYZ_YT United states Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238072Members
    I would love to have it for ps4 since I don't have the money to go and buy a xbox one or a computer yet... so plz make a ps4 edition.
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
    I think they need to add aim assist asap before they do anything else console wise. Try playing the game with a controller.
    I think they need to add aim assist asap before they do anything else console wise. Try playing the game with a controller.

I tried the Steam controller and my computer exploded!
  • pbauerpbauer wels Join Date: 2018-02-23 Member: 238150Members
    hi

i just watchend a lets play and i am impressed.
    i have a steam account but i would like to play on the PS4.
    is there a estimated date for a possible release?

thanks in advance
    @pbauer there is not one yet they said they are 90% on PlayStation read more of the thread to understand we all want to find out more information
    Is anyone still watching
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • djchanclafacedjchanclaface Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 238006Members
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    I am sure it will be alright. The devs have mentioned they are working on stuff like Xbox and PS4 so hopefully things will be alright in the end. :)
  • Tarman123Tarman123 Join Date: 2018-03-23 Member: 239414Members
    Hey, so I've been following Subnautica for a few months now and have been absolutely and instantly captivated by it's beauty. I've watched quite a lot of game play and have been riveted by it... Unfortunately, I'm with the majority of you guys who's computer is far too sub-par to run the game well and am desperately hoping that it comes to PS4, if it doesn't because of what ever reason, it would be a crying shame...
  • jonathanmjonathanm Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239525Members
    I'm surprised to hear anyone is having difficulty running this on their computer, it runs well (on low detail, but it's no real hardship as the game still looks really good) on a ten year old iMac and a seven year old MacBook Pro, it should therefore in theory work well on any computer with a graphics card made in the past five years or so.

As for console release, I really hope the devs don't fall into the trap of pandering to the pvp crowd (or some other console-only thing), I know they said no multiplayer in this game so it's unlikely but seeing what happened to Elite gives me the shivers, so much great gameplay and dev time lost to the pvp crowd, and that's not what Elite or this game should be about.

edited March 2018
    I don't think you have to worry about that @jonathanm, they said no multiplayer (or coop, which is multiplayer). And they have made quite an effort to give both PC and console gamers the same content and experience. With the Xbone usually lagging one patch behind due to Mircosoft's lovely approval process, compared to Steam's instant prototyping development process. Which is also the reason why Steam has an experimental testbed version you can opt into and Xbox Live/Preview does not.
    @jonathanm I can run it on minimum but I'd rather not, I want to see this game in full glory, the way the devs wanted it to be seen, that's the only reason and why I'd rather see this brought to PS4 as well. As for multiplayer, it might be fun way down the line but it's not something I'm concerned with, I'd rather see some DLC content.
    edited March 2018
    The thing is though, quite a few concessions would probably have to be made, even for PS4. So PS4 is most likely quite unable to show you Subnautica "in full glory", although pretty close perhaps. You'd require current (2018) gen upper entry/mid range PC for that
    @Kouji_San Oh yeah I completely understand that but it's the best I'm gonna get without purchasing anything other than the game, obviously I'm fully aware I'm not gonna see it perfectly but I'm pretty sure it'll still look stunning.
  • carlm21carlm21 United States Join Date: 2018-03-28 Member: 239556Members