What I'd love to see in a DLC or Expansion

EnceladusSc2EnceladusSc2 Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237906Members
edited February 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
I'd personally love to see not just a DLC for Subnautica, but a full on Expansion. I'd love for there to be more of everything. And I think the best way to do that, in my opinion, would be with a new Region. The Region could be south of the Floating Island, and would center around the Degasi crash site. I'd love to explore the crash site of a decrepit ship that's been sitting in the ocean for 10 years. It could be like a wreckage, but a really really big one. Also to find older Life Pods from Degasi survivors just to expand upon the Degasi lore.
For the Biome's I'd love to see all the concept art Biome's that never made it into the base game. The Twisty Bridge, Arctic and mostly the Lilly Pad Biome. The concept art for the Lilly Pad Biome looks absolutely amazing, and any chance to see it in game would be greatly appreciated. For creatures the main one I'd want to see is the Floaty Crab from the Concept Art. I'm not 100% what's it's name is, but its got a flower bulb that floats on the surface of the water, and the Crab hangs down, and in the concept art one of the Crabs is grabbing the leg of the survivor. I know there's other creatures that never made it into the game like the Rock Puncher, so there's already a pool of resources to draw from.
I'd also love a new mechanic that revolves around Cold Water. The Arctic Biome would be a large Biome that's just as big as the rest of the newly added region, and would require new machinery to navigate it. Perhaps have it where the Cyclops and Seamoth weren't designed for the Colder Temperatures of the Arctic Biome, requiring the player to craft a second Submarine just to deal with the Colder Waters. I know there were a few Concept's for both the Cyclops and Seamoth that never made it into the game, and I think this would be a great way to implement them. I'd love to see the Mantis sub in game, I absolutely loved its Concept Art. The Draconis would also be great to see, and I also know there were a few different Concept designs for the Seamoth.
Also new Base pieces and tools would be amazing to have. Subnautica is simply an amazing game and I hope the Devs continue to develop it even more than they already have.
Well, that was my two cents on what I'd love to see in a full expansion. I hope you guys enjoy and or agree.

*Edit* I was calling the Atlas Sub by the wrong name, its actually the Atlas Sub. I want to see the Atlas Sub.
Also! Totally forgot another Biome I REALLY want to see, The Infinity Tree! OMG Does that Biome look like it would be AMAZING!

Comments

• ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    Also hope they add in the atlas sub for this DLC or expansion because the concept art for the atlas is amazing
  • EnceladusSc2EnceladusSc2 Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237906Members
    Also hope they add in the atlas sub for this DLC or expansion because the concept art for the atlas is amazing

Oh, I seem to be calling the Mantis sub by the wrong name, or did they change it? When I googled Atlas Subnautica it's the same model as the Mantis I saw from the Concept art.
    But yes, that is the Sub I so very much want to see in game.
  • StrykeAnjelStrykeAnjel Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237943Members
    I could Embrace that DLC easily; Just need a good point for story sake, like you were sent back to evaluate colonization; but landed in the wrong part of the planet, so say good bye to your existing base. Lots of commonalities I've seen posted all over are asking for cosmetic touches in the DLC as well, like Ability to turn Base lights on and off; an In game MP3 player to pull music from your local Steam Music Library; and custom art import for Posters/Picture frames.
    I could Embrace that DLC easily; Just need a good point for story sake, like you were sent back to evaluate colonization; but landed in the wrong part of the planet, so say good bye to your existing base. Lots of commonalities I've seen posted all over are asking for cosmetic touches in the DLC as well, like Ability to turn Base lights on and off; an In game MP3 player to pull music from your local Steam Music Library; and custom art import for Posters/Picture frames.

I was thinking something more along the lines or a new Region added below the current region. Maybe you'd find like a PDA on the Floating Island explaining how Paul and Friends had to swim North of the Degasi Crash to get to the island. That would give clues to the player to swim South of the Floating island to find the Wreck of the Degasi and be sort of the Gateway to the new Region. And since it would be a Cold Water region, you'd need to find new Blueprints among the Degasi wreckage to build Cold Water survival gear and tools.
    Basically I'd like to see everything that was never added into the game added in, but in a new region so you'd have a new place to explore.
    Check out this Amazing Wiki page will tons of amazing Concept art that didn't make it into the game.
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Concept_Art
    I want all of this. All of it!
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I want being able to 'see around the bend' in certain underwater cave systems to be a bit more of an important item. Perhaps certain submersibles have a camera-drone installation so that you can keep a watchful eye on what's going on around the corner. Just wait behind a rock until whatever nasties are hiding in the right passageway decide to leave and then bolt across the intersection with engines turned up to flank once the coast is clear. That'd be fun.
  • iCrocky_iCrocky_ Michigan Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238405Members
    An Armored plated Fish with thick skin fish
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    iCrocky_ wrote: »
    An Armored plated Fish with thick skin fish

This is called a bone-shark.
  • coolbittripcoolbittrip why Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238421Members
    they should add subnautica the degasi files and to have it multiplayer.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    It would be amazing if in the Arctic dlc or other there was a degasi I ship crashed or trailers that you can use by attaching them to the subs. You could also add in amphibious vechials

By the way I spelt amphibious right first time with no spell Check and I might have inheretied dislexia
    This fish is diffrent just think of Dunkleosteus
    Iain stead of teeth two sharp bony plates
    Instead of of actual teeth
    Part of the Placodermi family
    I am gonna make a summary about what you could add for the Dlc update for an addition I am writing it right now not actully right now tomarrow I 'll do some more of it it's night time here and their is a power outage so I can't do much I am using grammer check for the summary ok that's it for now
    I might change part of the summary first by looking at the wiki to find ideas and then to change it.
    I might write something diffrent then Bony plates.
  • QboQbo Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223264Members
    edited March 2018
  • CallmechookCallmechook UK Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238820Members
    iCrocky, maybe you could come up with an idea for a fish we can get some kind of meat from or something, you could call it a Spamfish ;)
    iCrocky, maybe you could come up with an idea for a fish we can get some kind of meat from or something, you could call it a Spamfish ;)

HaHA! Because he spammed the thread with a bunch of posts that could have been in one post!

Another good fish from the Concept art that I don't think made it into the game was the Clownpincher. It's like a Clown Fish, but with Crab like pinchers and a funky head.

HaHA! Because he spammed the thread with a bunch of posts that could have been in one post!

Another good fish from the Concept art that I don't think made it into the game was the Clownpincher. It's like a Clown Fish, but with Crab like pinchers and a funky head.

Another fauna which wasn't added was called the Threadbumper, I believe. A relative of the Cave Crawler and another un-added fan-made creature called the Forumprowler. What the Threadbumper would do is weave its bioluminescent webs all around an area so as to attract Forumprowlers. Expecting a point of interest, a Forumprowler would approach- only to be sucked up by the Threadbumper's un-necessary and counterproductive posts.

Fun fact: The concept/fan art for the Threadbumper and Forumprowler were developed alongside a fan-made submarine called the 'Idauntgiffa-Ship' ;)
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    There are actually some pictures in the Media section of the website and it has a crab like creature. It also has concept art of what I think is meant to be the seamoth but it does not look like the seamoth. i thought it would be cool if the devs added them.
  • swatdiverswatdiver Australia Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238775Members
    edited March 2018
    Subnautica 2: The Insurgent arises

Having claimed squatters rights on 4546B after resigning from Alterra the moment your life pod landed, you stand ready to defend the planet from the Imperialistic overtures of your former employer.
    Alterra has sent an occupation force to recover their lost territory. Together with your new allies (Reaper and Ghost Leviathans) you must defend your new home against all who would plunder that which you now hold so dear.

P.S.
    You can stick your trillion credit debt.

• LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    I'm pretty sure the arctic is already planned. I hope they make an alien base below it.