what to do about a troll commander?

SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
I've had a run of a few games where the commander just trolled the team by barely being there. I know the argument against this could be that "they are new and don't understand the roll." but I've been there as a new commander and I've seen some people who shouldn't command. But if a commander trolls what should us as players do (other than eject them and try to rectify the mistakes with someone else)

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    There isn't much other than ejecting and resetting, though you might as well accept the defeat and try getting a better commander for the next round.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    I didn't want to point names and do anything extreme. though the guy is a repeat offender of doing this in a sample size of 10 very long games
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Sigmalx wrote: »
    I didn't want to point names and do anything extreme. though the guy is a repeat offender of doing this in a sample size of 10 very long games

Depending on which server you play on, you can usually report them to an admin who can take more impactful action (eg comm bans)