What did you bring? (spoilers)

DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
After my journey on waterworld was finally complete, and I looked up with pride at the rocket I'd constructed... I started thinking. How long a trip would this be? What if something went wrong? I mean I'm not exactly the luckiest guy on the ocean. So, after filling my pockets with some essentials, I boarded the gantry. To my delight, I found several empty lockers in the body of the rocket.

Time to get to work.

One of them I filled with food. All the nutrient cubes I'd salvaged so far. Supplemented with cured Reginalds and marblemelon seeds. The other I filled with water. Big filtered water and disinfected water. One I filled with equipment. Spare batteries, power cells, tools, medkits, fire extinguishers, etc. And the last one? I stuffed full of diamonds and ion cubes. So that my months spent surviving Leviathans would be worth something back in Federation space. Along with a couple alien tablets to sell to xeno-archaeologists. Finally, I powered up all systems and burned thrusters.

Yes I know that gameplay-wise it doesn't really serve a purpose. But I love it from a story perspective. I actually wish you could build things inside the rocket with the habitat builder. I'd totally decorate and deck that place out. And add more storage while I'm at it. Throw in some silver, gold, an rubies, more tablets, some potted marblemelons, posters, arcade toy, etc. Then I could hock a couple diamonds for a lawyer to contest Alterra's charging me for using things that I found. And should that not prove fruitful, I can always burn thrusters to a more accommodating government.

So that leaves me with the question. Thats what I brought. What did you?

Comments