Question about crosshair

Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
Is there any way to change it to something smaller and less distracting, like a dot? Or turn it off completely as it's not exactly needed for anything, really. Now that I finished my first full playthrough and I can focus more on the visuals rather than story, it's horribly distracting to have this (relatively) huge circle right smack in the middle of everything I look at.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    You could use F6 to disable the HUD, but also lose the other HUD items. Press it a few times to cycle between HUD on/off.

There is (or used to be) a console command called "cross", which is said to toggle the crosshair, but it doesn't seem to work anymore...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @nesrak1 That sounds like the worlds easiest mod (Switch crosshair between normal / dot / off)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @nesrak1 That sounds like the worlds easiest mod (Switch crosshair between normal / dot / off)

mqdefault.jpg
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2PcpwjvEm2Y
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    Yep I already made this mod 2 years ago and I agree it's pretty distracting. It was an asset modification but in sure if we can get a better mood loader up and running we can probably make something for that.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You could use F6 to disable the HUD, but also lose the other HUD items. Press it a few times to cycle between HUD on/off.

Yup, I know about that, but it doesn't quite solve the problem when you need to see the quickbar and everything else while diving.
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    Yep I already made this mod 2 years ago and I agree it's pretty distracting. It was an asset modification but in sure if we can get a better mood loader up and running we can probably make something for that.
    From what I saw on Steam and elsewhere while looking for similar topic before I posted here, there seems to be a very high demand for such a mod... so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's possible and that it happens.

Thanks for all the replies, guys, appreciated!