Permanently sunk Cyclops.

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
Unable to retrieve sunk cyclops.

Due to an unfortunate series of events (I.e leaving my welder back in my underwater base and banging into a rock at 122M down) I was unable to patch a hole in my Cyclops leading to it sinking to the sea bed at 227m depth.

However now that I've returned with my welder in hand I'm finding that it's impossible to weld/repair the cyclops at all? (I can weld on the breaches but it stays at 0% and nothing happens.)

I'm assuming this is because it's >200m down so it taking continual crush damage?

Is there a way to move the cyclops off the sea floor and raise it 28m up, or am I stuck having to craft a new one?

(Even full of water we should be able to pilot it albeit very slowly, around and perhaps stablize it at a depth of 199m so we can effect repairs?)

I also read in the trello notes there's a way to craft hull plating so it has more depth tolerance? However when trying to craft hull plating with my build tool it refuses to build it inside the cyclops.

Comments

• DablinDablin New Zealand Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202432Members
    edited March 2015
    According to the Wiki, Hull Plating is coming in a future build. I tried myself on this one, inside and out to reinforce my cyclops, but it didn't work. Have you tried attaching floaters to your ship to see if they will raise them? I am not sure how many you will need or if it will work. Might be fun to try though.

Edit: I just tried it myself. It does work, the trick though is to sit beside the bottom half of the ship and fire the floaters away from it. They will immediately attract back to it and attach themselves. Shooting them straight at the ship seem to cause them to bounce off it where the kept trying to reattach and bouncing back off - weird.

I just used three and it took my cyclops up reasonably quickly. Ofcouse mine is undamaged and below above (weird sea logic) 100 meters.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    Thanks, roughly how many floaters does it take to lift the flooded ship?
  • DablinDablin New Zealand Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202432Members
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, I just tried it at 370m for the sake of it. I got 50 or so of them on the hull, they didn't lift the ship. A few more after that and they lost critical contact on the ship and started releasing but their attraction to the ship kept them trying to return but they couldn't regrab the ship.

I tried spawning them in 50 lots, a few attached most didn't but just hung in the water above the ship unsuccessfully trying to gain a hold on it. After a few hundred or so I got them to start rolling the ship but then at some point they all lost contact. Admittingly that is probably like 100m over your ships depth but I guess there is a point where all the floaters in the world couldn't save you.

Shame there isn't some form or external air-ballast system for sunken ship recovery. That game mechanic would be awesome.
  • PapiDragon99PapiDragon99 Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237144Members
    There is also a glitch where you turn off the engine and the power still gets used up
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    And thats a reason to necro a post why?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2018
    EDIT: Actually, @Sky_The_Fox , it is because @PapiDragon99 has not made any posts yet, ans so cannot start their own thread. @PapiDragon99 -- just try to tack the report onto something more recent, next time. (:

40680d1437011683-edible-sharks-necropost.jpg