Imagine if we could craft large blades for the PRAWN, like in the movie Avatar

TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    ... Nahhhh... this Prawn suit is better:https: //i.imgur.com/Qa1rqHg.gif
  • thetawaves90thetawaves90 Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236679Members
    A key aspect of the game is being confronted with limited options in the face of an enemy: running away or immobilising it temporarily to allow you to run away. Leviathans would not be nearly as formidable if you knew you could go mano-a-mano with a massive thermal blade.
  • donkdatdonkdat USA Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236912Members
    You guys forget that one of the ships that crash landed had a hired Merc on board to protect the ship from pirates so id guarantee that ship would have weapons and most likely weapon blueprints that could be salvaged or downloaded. Also there is the alien gun you can scan. While i don't think that we should have full auto laser guns etc, it would be cool to be able to make like a spear gun or other melee weapons that you could use to take down some of the smaller predators earlier in the game before you get the stasis rifle as well as adding in another food option because they could make it so you can harvest meat from them to cook and even fish oil for lubricant or something yet still be slow enough to reload that you wouldn't be able to take out any of the largest predators or swarms of predators. I dunno just a thought
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    edited February 2018
    A key aspect of the game is being confronted with limited options in the face of an enemy: running away or immobilising it temporarily to allow you to run away. Leviathans would not be nearly as formidable if you knew you could go mano-a-mano with a massive thermal blade.

The thing is, that we are already heavily armed. Simple stasis rifle + knife combo is enough to kill any creature in game, that is not a warper. (those warp away at any sign of danger)
    Then there is a prop. cannon + mushrooms/crashfish, repulsion cannon, (I've launched a stalker on top of the Aurora's roof with that thing) Seamoth PDS, all PRAWN arms + the suit itself, Cyclops shield, (it zaps hostiles on collision) and last but not least, a mighty habitat builder :D

I didn't list torpedoes, because there is no use of them IMHO.
    That said, I don't think, we need any more weapons.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    donkdat wrote: »
    You guys forget that one of the ships that crash landed had a hired Merc on board to protect the ship from pirates so id guarantee that ship would have weapons and most likely weapon blueprints that could be salvaged or downloaded. Also there is the alien gun you can scan. While i don't think that we should have full auto laser guns etc, it would be cool to be able to make like a spear gun or other melee weapons that you could use to take down some of the smaller predators earlier in the game before you get the stasis rifle as well as adding in another food option because they could make it so you can harvest meat from them to cook and even fish oil for lubricant or something yet still be slow enough to reload that you wouldn't be able to take out any of the largest predators or swarms of predators. I dunno just a thought

Just because you could theoretically get them doesn't make it enjoyable. Weapons ruin the game in my and many others opinions
  • donkdatdonkdat USA Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236912Members
    Simple solution for you and those many others would be to not craft or use them then. Whereas the many people that want them could use them. but as others have said as soon as mods start coming out there will be a lot of new vehicles weapons etc considering modders are even making multiplayer so whether its added by the team or not they will be in the game
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    Someone didn't read the pacifist approach suggested by the game
  • BomooBomoo Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236923Members
    donkdat wrote: »

Just because you could theoretically get them doesn't make it enjoyable. Weapons ruin the game in my and many others opinions

You wouldn't have to use them, would you? Nobody's forcing you to. Unlike how people who do want to use weapons to defend themselves against swarms of aggressive sea monsters are forced not to for implausible and arbitrary reasons.