How to open this door?

HypomaniaHypomania United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224544Members
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how can I open this door?

36kjj7oad0n8.jpg

It has a databox inside (appears on a scanner). Can't cut through it, no repair wires, no code panel or anything like that. It's a small wreck in Bulb Fields (1304, -219, 575).

Any suggestions are welcome :smile:

Comments

• ltorionltorion United States Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236698Members
    Doors like that lead to a flooded compartment, and shouldn't be opened.. Sorry I couldn't resist the bad joke. To get behind doors like that I have found that there is another way into the room, airduct, or hull breach somewhere else in the wreck. Keep in mind though I am new to the game and still learning myself.
  • HypomaniaHypomania United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224544Members
    There is literally no other way :( The wreck is the size of 2 multipurpose rooms, I have looked all around it and there is nothing
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Not every door in a wreck opens, some you can just click on, some you have to use the laser cutter. If the door has red lights, you can open it, but this door isn't meant to be opened, so you have to look for another way.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Look outside for a hull breach or access / ventway
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Freecam works in determining if there is a room behind the door and how to get in the proper way.
  • ltorionltorion United States Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236698Members
    How do you get to the freecam?
    Activate the console by pressing F3 and making sure that the Disable Console option is off. Press ~ and type freecam. Pressing 1 to 5 determines the speed. Type freecam again when you are done and want to return to your character. Obviously this only works on PC and not a console version of the game. Achievements are disabled when using console commands for a particular playthrough.
  • HypomaniaHypomania United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224544Members
    As I had mentioned, there is a databox inside the room, so surely it must be accessible?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Hypomania wrote: »
    As I had mentioned, there is a databox inside the room, so surely it must be accessible?

The only thing it explains it is there's definitely another way in
  • lordoffilinglordoffiling Join Date: 2017-08-10 Member: 232342Members

99% sure you're right, but this is a big game. It's not entirely out of the question that a databox might have spawned in a room with no entry.

99% sure you're right, but this is a big game. It's not entirely out of the question that a databox might have spawned in a room with no entry.

Or the devs forgot to remove the databoxes from that room. Had a couple of databoxes in one room where there was no way to get into it. One of them was an Alien Containment and think it was one of the Underwater Island or Bulb Zone wrecks.
  • Ace_of_spadesAce_of_spades Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250915Members
    Has this ever happened to anyone else. I put the code in for the captains quarters and then i saved and exited the game without opening the door and when i got back on it said i entered the code and on the panel it shows an unlocked padlock but the door says its locked and i cant open it. Can anyone help me
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2019
    Has this ever happened to anyone else. I put the code in for the captains quarters and then i saved and exited the game without opening the door and when i got back on it said i entered the code and on the panel it shows an unlocked padlock but the door says its locked and i cant open it. Can anyone help me

Sorry I mis-read your comment. All I know of would be [unlockall], and if that doesn't open it then I have no idea.
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    All right, I know exactly what wreck it is.
    There is an entry from a long black duct from the outside, on the side of the wreck. It is not easy at all to see.
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
  • masterofyeetmasterofyeet Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255903Members
    Probably either cant open or air duct