Clouds surrounding the islands?

Onemario1234Onemario1234 Washington USA Join Date: 2016-12-26 Member: 225513Members
While playing the Xbox One version of Subnautica, I quickly realized the islands don't have the clouds surrounding them like in the PC version. I also noticed their terrain loads like it would underwater. I can't see certain parts of the island when I'm far away from it, like if I'm on the other side of the island. I know the render distance thing might be fixed later, but what about the clouds? Without the clouds, finding the islands is much tougher than on PC.

Comments

• DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    I might be mistaken, but I believe the reason you don't see the clouds is because of the shorter draw distance the XB1 currently has. By the time the game has rendered the island you are close enough to see it.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members

Have you found LP3? Continue past LP3 and you will find the floating Keys (think Florida) (Must visit wreck with external Data Box, 2 or 3 internal at 200M) you will eventually find the 'Gun Enforcement Platform ' on the Mountain Island.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited October 2018
    It is the 1st distress call received. LP3 has the broken sea glide. LP3 is about 300M to the NNW of the NW corner of the Safe Shallows at 10M depth.