IT'S FINALLY RELEASED!!!!!

124»

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    And Simon talking about how he created the Reefback sounds from a squeal :tongue:

Ikr! I was also astounded by that, I will never look at reefbacks the same way xD

I never saw the stream, is it recorded on youtube? I want to see that clip!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I hate my school, i'll watch it when I get home.

q5p03q4d9zmr.png
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018
    And Simon talking about how he created the Reefback sounds from a squeal :tongue:

Ikr! I was also astounded by that, I will never look at reefbacks the same way xD

Yeah I was flabbergasted. I'm not even sure how he was able to create that long deep and heavy rumbling sound from a friggin' squeal that short :D

Now I find the Reaper roar highly suspect as well! Also listening to his story about how he made all those amazing sounds, really reminded me of that Jurassic Park (1993) documentary where they explained how they came up with all those dinosaur sounds!
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    You guy's can't get it through your heads can you? Are you stupid or trolling? Go look at Steam forums FFS. It's all rainbows and Unicorns here you bunch of raving fanboys. You idiots would have the world believe it's a awesome game than runs perfect. WHat a fucking joke. I'm not the only one complaining.

Morons. 99% of you don't know what Oculus Home even is.

Fuck you.

OH NO DON'T BAN ME. Suck my fucking dick. Bunch of tech illiterate fuck hats.

Mmmmmmm...

The sweet smell of quick escalation
    Foxy wrote: »
    He gone

Well there we go.

LETS ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018
    Come on Skope mate, we've tried to have a civil conversation and all he's done is throw a bloody temper tantrum and has yet to post his system specifications AFAIK. Just ignore him, until he can behave like a civilized person, although I doubt he's capable as proven time and time again.

And he's dragging the topic into off-topic as well :/ If he wants to actually solve his issues or find the cause, instead of ranting. He can try and make his own topic again...
    I mean, if everyone insults each other loud enough the computer gods will zap Subnautica into perfection, right?
    Foxy wrote: »
    He gone

Well there we go.

LETS ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW!

I'm gonna quote myself as that was the last "ontopic post"

Yeah I was flabbergasted. I'm not even sure how he was able to create that long deep and heavy rumbling sound from a friggin' squeal that short :D

Now I find the Reaper roar highly suspect as well! Also listening to his story about how he made all those amazing sounds, really reminded me of that Jurassic Park (1993) documentary where they explained how they came up with all those dinosaur sounds!

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    I realize I'm a tad late to the party (stupid real life), but a sincere congrats to the UWE team on Launch Day. It's been a long, hard road, and we've all walked it together. But this isn't the end - many great things are, I'm sure, still in store. :)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited January 2018
    A game with such potential, which I fully supported almost 2 years ago, and which I saw fritter away all that potential as month after month passed, right up until 1.0. Every little update chipped away at everything that was so good when I first played.

It isn't the performance that I take issue with, but rather the world-building and "story" that is so very disappointing and reminisce of the very worst of sci-fi cliches and abysmal game design.

The best thing about 1.0 releasing is that now my buyers remorse has suddenly vanished, and Subnautica is just one more bad purchase filed away with all the others.

Goodbye, Forum. We had some good times while it lasted.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I'm glad they've made it to this point. Early Access games don't always make it. Stranded Deep, for example, seems to be suffering from lack of direction, and the players seem very unhappy with the how it's going.

@EnglishInfidel Bye, hope the next game's developers listens to you and only you. Oh well, at least you aren't hardcore trolling like someone did earlier.
    A game with such potential, which I fully supported almost 2 years ago, and which I saw fritter away all that potential as month after month passed, right up until 1.0. Every little update chipped away at everything that was so good when I first played.

It isn't the performance that I take issue with, but rather the world-building and "story" that is so very disappointing and reminisce of the very worst of sci-fi cliches and abysmal game design.

The best thing about 1.0 releasing is that now my buyers remorse has suddenly vanished, and Subnautica is just one more bad purchase filed away with all the others.

narfblat wrote: »
    I'm glad they've made it to this point. Early Access games don't always make it. Stranded Deep, for example, seems to be suffering from lack of direction, and the players seem very unhappy with the how it's going.

@EnglishInfidel Bye, hope the next game's developers listens to you and only you. Oh well, at least you aren't hardcore trolling like someone did earlier.

I don’t see the reason to be passive aggressive to @EnglishInfidel as he/she was being genuinely calm and respectful with about stating their opinion.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Pfft, @EnglishInfidel - we have v1.0 now, which is a stable (instead of moving) target to mod from just hop on over to Suspension Railway's Modding emporium and being modding it to what you'd like. If you can't mod, well, try to convince someone to make the required changes and release the patch.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Well, my hat's off to you, @EnglishInfidel - if you find that perfect game, do stop by and let us know (no I'm not trolling, I mean it, game recommendations from trusted sources with similar tastes are worth 10,000 recommendations from strangers). Also do keep in mind, you can download old versions of Subnautica, so if you do feel like playing later, you can get that early version you fell in love with (side note: if you ever change your mind, or if anyone reads this and wants to make a mod bringing Subnautica back to more along the lines of what EnglishInfidel wanted, this is probably the easiest place to start, modding the old game and backporting any new features from the v1.0 release that you want kept). It'd be like the Tremulous 1.1 backport (1.2 gameplay changes weren't well received, but had nice features, which were later backported to v1.1).

Have a good one, English, hopefully we'll see you around again some day, whether here or somewhere else. :)
    edited January 2018
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    edited January 2018
    Spotted in the store page, in the System Requirements section:
    Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and minimum specifications may change during development

Not sure who to ping at UW so they can take that bit down...
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    vpelletier wrote: »
    Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and minimum specifications may change during development

Oh, dear friends @Obraxis and @Foxy, might want to give someone in the office a tap on the shoulder about this. :)
    vpelletier wrote: »

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I guess I owe @EnglishInfidel an apology. I took the term "abysmal" as an attack on someone's hard work, though you probably just meant it to express dissatisfaction. I haven't viewed the Precursor stuff as cliché either, which probably just means I haven't watched/played the same sci-fi stuff as you. I do hope you can find a game that satisfies your search for something new.

I'm excited to see what's next for Subnautica and Unknownworlds in the future.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I guess I owe @EnglishInfidel an apology. I took the term "abysmal" as an attack on someone's hard work, though you probably just meant it to express dissatisfaction.

Just my opinion, and I'm the first to admit I have (too) high standards.
    No need to apologise though, it's all good.
    I guess I owe @EnglishInfidel an apology. I took the term "abysmal" as an attack on someone's hard work, though you probably just meant it to express dissatisfaction.

Just my opinion, and I'm the first to admit I have (too) high standards.
    No need to apologise though, it's all good.

Its nice to see conflicting opinions handled maturely for a change :)
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    edited January 2018
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Its nice to see conflicting opinions handled maturely for a change :)

There's only so much salt in the world, and it has already been ninja'd earlier in this thread.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Cheers, girls and g.i.r.l's.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Now, time to wait for the rock puncher DLC