Subnautica Xbox One Launch Plans - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Xbox One Launch Plans - Subnautica

Today is the big day for Subnautica on Steam. After five years of development, Subnautica is ready for release on PC. But what about Xbox One? We still have more...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShadowAdversy1ShadowAdversy1 NS, Canada Join Date: 2017-02-24 Member: 228206Members
    I am very happy to hear about this, this will also be releasing during the livestream as well, so I am very pleased and blessed to hear about this.
  • shane_chrimes2000shane_chrimes2000 uk Join Date: 2017-09-27 Member: 233265Members
    I know the comunity is every thing in the games industry but don't be pushed by the negative attitude towards your game as it is amazing and we may not show it but we adore this game more than most
  • joshuahood606joshuahood606 canada Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235483Members
    today should be release day right?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members

For Steam, yes. XB1 just gets an update to bring it almost to the PC version. i.e. all the same content is available.
  • joshuahood606joshuahood606 canada Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235483Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »

For Steam, yes. XB1 just gets an update to bring it almost to the PC version. i.e. all the same content is available.

thanks
  • Reino15Reino15 Nederland Join Date: 2018-01-17 Member: 235145Members
    why it is it not for the ps4, nooooo
  • MrDolfyMrDolfy Brasil Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235502Members
    So, us Xbox players will have the Neptune rocket finally in-game?
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Reino15 wrote: »
    I think it'd be a good strategy for them to gain some additional cash with a relatively easy port to the PS4. All the assets have already been created, so all that needs to be done is a rewrite of the game. (that is a lot, but certainly feasible)
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited January 2018
    OMG!!! I am so happy for you guys, I love UWE, and the NS2 community and all it's community members. Way too many people to name that support UWE and these awesome games. Seriously one of the best game developers for PC of all time in my opinion! Waited so long for this game. So proud of all you guys and everything you accomplished.

I've just celebrated my 7th anniversary being a member of the UWE forums, and I can't believe how time flies. Still remember the days of playing NS1 as a mod, and being blown away.

Can't wait for what is next, whether it be the NS2 rebrand, Future Perfect, or something entirely new. The next few years is probably going to be huge growth for UWE, and I just hope you guys remember us who supported you loyally for years, even though I know we can be a bitch to handle sometimes with the negativity haha..... but just stay humble.... and... just keep making innovative games that are artistic, beautiful, and make sense!

Rock on!

-Naveed F

PS: Don't sell out, stay indie forever.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    HOLY CRAP 30 min where I live. Wooooooooo
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited January 2018
    @StormShocker I'm afraid it's at *roughly* 6:30 Pacific Standard Time, not your local time. Still close though. :)
  • Mikemane386Mikemane386 Florida Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235533Members
    I just started replaying today and now I see this wonderful news! I love this game and the entire team must be so proud with what they made! Thank you for all the hard work!
  • Slazer0416Slazer0416 United States Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235534Members
    I've been keeping up with this game for so long now, and I've been trying to wait until its released to buy it, but I can't anymore, I've watched Jacksepticeye and Markiplier play it and I'm to giddy now not to buy, congrats to your whole team and I can't wait to join the seas!!
  • DHDJupiterDHDJupiter Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235538Members
    Anyone know if the new update on Xb will change the map or not? Like, would I have to make a new save? Or am I good
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    DHDJupiter wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new update on Xb will change the map or not? Like, would I have to make a new save? Or am I good
    you dont gotta make a new save
  • SamPravongSamPravong Canada Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235552Members
    Can someone explain to me what a game preview is? If I buy the game preview on Xbox One, will I have to buy the whole game when it will be released?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @SamPravong Game Preview is buying the game before it is completed. You get the full game when it is released, no additional cost. The downside is, some games may not make it to full release. (Subnautica is on its way, so no trouble there, probably)
  • DHDJupiterDHDJupiter Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235538Members
    DHDJupiter wrote: »
    you dont gotta make a new save

It’s a 6 GB update, and on pc the map is different, why is that?
  • CptVolcano09CptVolcano09 Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235254Members
    What about PS4?!!?!??!
  • ILoveSubnaiticaILoveSubnaitica Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235345Members
    Will a playstation 4 version ever come out?
    Because i really would love that.
    I really like your game, but i cant play it in my pc. But i could play it in ps4.
    (Sorry for bad english)
  • ILoveSubnaiticaILoveSubnaitica Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235345Members
    Will playstation 4 ever have subnautica?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited January 2018
    @CptVolcano09 @ILoveSubnaitica Don't you worry. The little thing is that playstation doesn't support early access games, so of course the ps4 version had to wait. But now that 1.0 is out, you might not have to wait that long because I can confirm that the devs are thinking about making a ps4 version ;)
  • ScoobiasScoobias Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235614Members
    Is there a changelog for the update?
  • VenommcVenommc Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235633Members
    Reino15 wrote: »

Ps4 does not support games in early access since so once the Xbox one version gets released they will most likely work on the one for ps4
  • Dragonfire1298Dragonfire1298 Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235643Members
    I got the update for the xbox one and when it download it i loved how. Every thing worked so much better but when i wentover to life pod 17 and wnt down the whole area was like a flat gray piece covering ever thing not loaded in and i went down hoping it it would load in and i went under the map below 100m so i went up and back trough the map to get some air and their i still had to wait for ti load in the when it did i went trough the map again but when i made my way to the sub i stoped going trough and then after that a i was in a cane and done times i could see through the map out of no where besides that amazing updatie thank hope you guys can fix the problem soon thank you.
  • dustedzombiedustedzombie United States Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235659Members
    I was planning to buy it for Xbox One, but I hope my friends who have a PlayStation 4 will be able to play it too. Progress has come so far!!! Looking good!
  • NighthawkfireNighthawkfire Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235789Members
    HA! Well done game developers, well done. I know better than to trust you and give you money before the final product is released and now as I see there's not even a release date for the Xbox One version anymore all I can do is laugh. You got me again and I tip my hat to you. Never again though, never again. I've learned this lesson for the last time.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    HA! Well done game developers, well done. I know better than to trust you and give you money before the final product is released and now as I see there's not even a release date for the Xbox One version anymore all I can do is laugh. You got me again and I tip my hat to you. Never again though, never again. I've learned this lesson for the last time.

v1.0 is out on Xbox One right now. It's just not as optimized as they think is necessary to be considered a full release.