So... Subnautica is launching what's next?

sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
NATURAL SELECTION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Please make my dreams come true.

Congrats, btw to the devs.

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    its not going to be NS3, not yet I don't think... UWE probably have a lot of ideas they want to explore at the moment... I don't know why, but I kind of expect some battleground style game, because every other company is trying their hand at it and subnautica came when every other company was dipping their toe in the survival genre.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2018
    Kasharic wrote: »
    its not going to be NS3, not yet I don't think... UWE probably have a lot of ideas they want to explore at the moment... I don't know why, but I kind of expect some battleground style game, because every other company is trying their hand at it and subnautica came when every other company was dipping their toe in the survival genre.

Subnautica: Battlegrounds

[edit] or perhaps Zen of Sudoku: Battlegrounds
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2018
    Mouse wrote: »
    Kasharic wrote: »

Subnautica: Battlegrounds

Oh my god, has nobody done underwater battleroyale yet?? Goldmine idea right here folks.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hey I'm up for it, but I'd rather see those kind of games without that third person peeking :/
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Maybe they will take another shot at Future Perfect or what it's called.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Vetinari wrote: »

Would likely resonate with SN fans.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

Then we can build our own NS3, with lerk lift and devour.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2018
    What's next? UWE will get purchased by Valve and the UWE team would make Half Life 3: Natural Selection merging the two universes.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2018
    I just want a game where I can shoot a fish out of a fish gun, and anything the fish hits causes the object to explode into hundreds of other fishes, which causes a chain reaction of fish explosions until my computer crashes.

$15 on steam
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Nordic wrote: »
    What's next? UWE will get purchased by purchased by Valve and the UWE team would make Half Life 3: Natural Selection merging the two universes.

I said this a lot before and will continue to say that ns3 will be a half life 3 mod with ns3_hera as launchmap
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Sorry guys. None of us know what Charlie has planned for the next game (perhaps not even Charlie, yet. ;) ), but all we know is that it is most certainly NOT NS3.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS3 confirmed for a Fall 2029 release. :smiley:
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Guys, I figured out the solution.

The correct answer is: "I'm playing the fuck out of Subnautica."
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Sorry guys. None of us know what Charlie has planned for the next game (perhaps not even Charlie, yet. ;) ), but all we know is that it is most certainly NOT NS3.

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how awesome it is that you guys skip the whole "second sequel" problem many games have by going straight for NS4. I'm sure it will be great.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    No NS3, HL3 confirmed?

\o/
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Guys, I figured out the solution.

The correct answer is: "I'm playing the fuck out of Subnautica."
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how awesome it is that you guys skip the whole "second sequel" problem many games have by going straight for NS4. I'm sure it will be great.

Oh so like microsoft with windows 10
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Sorry guys, no NS3 on the horizon. Playing Subnautica *may* give you a glimpse into some more NS-Universe lore though.

Well I can read lore in a wiki article, but I can't play NS3 in a wiki article.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Sorry guys, no NS3 on the horizon. Playing Subnautica *may* give you a glimpse into some more NS-Universe lore though.

Well I can read lore in a wiki article, but I can't play NS3 in a wiki article.

Hmm, maybe their next game is going to be one of the VERY oldschool BBS text adventures
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Perhaps after finding the kharaa in SN and fighting it in NS/NS2, they finally get around to making that big PG they wanted in the first place.
    Onwards to the next whatever they will screw up?
    Perhaps after finding the kharaa in SN and fighting it in NS/NS2, they finally get around to making that big PG they wanted in the first place.

...hm, now I kinda want a Natural Selection 4X strategy game. Or at least some kind of strategy games based around these giant phase gates and expanding into the galaxy.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Maybe there'll be a fan sequel: Perfect Creation
    edited January 2018
    Mouse wrote: »

Maybe there'll be a fan sequel: Perfect Creation

I'm sure you also remember we did indeed have an "Intelligent Design" mod concept, made waaaay back by some of our community members!

--> NS's third race? :D
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Now wait a second, how could you even have a third race? It's not like you can just switch your team's race...
    Nintendows wrote: »

Now wait a second, how could you even have a third race? It's not like you can just switch your team's race...

SPACE ORKS
    Nintendows wrote: »

SPACE ORKS

Mac Uprising.
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Babbler Tower Defense confirmed, got it.
    Vert^ wrote: »
    Babbler Tower Defense confirmed, got it.

New mod idea right here