ERROR LOADING SNUNMANAGEDDATA\BUILD18

lhoyle16lhoyle16 Join Date: 2018-01-18 Member: 235191Members
I just built a new gaming pc, and transfered my saves over to the new drive. When I loaded up the game it recognized my save, and began loading in. It got stuck on "Preloading Base" and after 11 seconds gave me "ERROR LOADING SNUNMANAGEDDATA\BUILD18" error message. I have tried everything that I can think of. Reinstalling game, clearing cell cache, verifying files, checking for corruption in files... Does anybody know what to do?

Comments

• adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Thank you for posting here we will direct you to our technical expert named @0x6A7232 he will be with you shortly
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    haha

Umm, transfer your saves again, uninstall, then completely remove the Subnautica directory (
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica

), re-install, and move saves.

If that doesn't work, uninstall, make a new Steam Library, and install Subnautica there.

Also, Subnautica likes running from an SSD, so try to put a Library there for it to install to regardless.

If you can't get it to work, please post your output_log.txt (
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\output_log.txt

), and run dxdiag, hit "save all information" and post that as well. You can use PasteBin, or Google Drive or Dropbox and post a sharing link.
  • lhoyle16lhoyle16 Join Date: 2018-01-18 Member: 235191Members
    I just tried all of that, it didn't work. Here are my files. If you can't do anything to help, I understand. Thank you very much for trying. I appreciate it a lot.

edited January 2018
    Hmm. I wonder if your Anti-Virus is playing funny games.
    Error: Fatal! Could not mount world, dir = 'SNUnmanagedData\Build18'

Before that there was a bunch of stuff but I'm not sure if it's actually significant:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at LargeWorldStreamer.OnGlobalRootLoaded (UnityEngine.GameObject root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at ProtobufSerializerExtensions.LoadObjectTreeFromBytes (.ProtobufSerializer serializer, System.Byte[] data, System.Action`1 onLoaded, Int32 verbose) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at LargeWorldStreamer.LoadGlobalRoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at LargeWorld+<MountWorldAsync>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at CoroutineTask`1[UWE.Result].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SystemExtensions.SafeMoveNext (IEnumerator coroutine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator, String)
    UWE.PumpCoroutineStateMachine:MoveNext()
    PooledStateMachine`1:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

You've got an i7-7700K, 1050 Ti, and 16GB of RAM, so Ithink that rules out system issues (besides a failing hard disk, but I imagine other programs would also be having issues if that was going.).

Here, try this: Do Win + X, then press A to get an admin command prompt. Put in
    chkdsk c: /f

and hit enter. You might have to restart. Does that fix anything?
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Hmm. I wonder if your Anti-Virus is playing funny games.
    Error: Fatal! Could not mount world, dir = 'SNUnmanagedData\Build18'

Before that there was a bunch of stuff but I'm not sure if it's actually significant:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at LargeWorldStreamer.OnGlobalRootLoaded (UnityEngine.GameObject root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at ProtobufSerializerExtensions.LoadObjectTreeFromBytes (.ProtobufSerializer serializer, System.Byte[] data, System.Action`1 onLoaded, Int32 verbose) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at LargeWorldStreamer.LoadGlobalRoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at LargeWorld+<MountWorldAsync>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at CoroutineTask`1[UWE.Result].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SystemExtensions.SafeMoveNext (IEnumerator coroutine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator)
    SystemExtensions:SafeMoveNext(IEnumerator, String)
    UWE.PumpCoroutineStateMachine:MoveNext()
    PooledStateMachine`1:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

You've got an i7-7700K, 1050 Ti, and 16GB of RAM, so Ithink that rules out system issues (besides a failing hard disk, but I imagine other programs would also be having issues if that was going.).

Here, try this: Do Win + X, then press A to get an admin command prompt. Put in
    chkdsk c: /f

and hit enter. You might have to restart. Does that fix anything?

Damn. Nothing worked. It is kind of an old save... I think it was created something like January 6th or 7th. Could that be a problem? I know there has been a lot of updates recently...
    edited January 2018
    Here's the weird thing (didn't think it would be worth mentioning before)... Before I wrote on the forum I was having trouble getting into the save. I downloaded the cell cache clear tool from the site thinking that might be the problem. After the cells were cleared I loaded up the game and it worked . When I got in I spawned in the lifepod with no inventory at all. I saved the game and left, and the next time I tried to load back in it kicked me the error message that we're dealing with! I am not sure if this means anything, but I thought it was worth saying.
    edited January 2018
    lhoyle16 wrote: »
    Here's the weird thing (didn't think it would be worth mentioning before)... Before I wrote on the forum I was having trouble getting into the save. I downloaded the cell cache clear tool from the site thinking that might be the problem. After the cells were cleared I loaded up the game and it worked . When I got in I spawned in the lifepod with no inventory at all. I saved the game and left, and the next time I tried to load back in it kicked me the error message that we're dealing with! I am not sure if this means anything, but I thought it was worth saying.

That's odd. The cell cache clear script, at least if it's the one I did, won't clear any of the files that contain your critical game data, which are:
    • gameinfo.json
    • global-objects.bin
    • scene-objects.bin
    • screenshot.jpg (<- that's the little thumbnail showing you a preview of the save when you go to load)

If any of those files are damaged, you'll have problems. (Well, the screenshot.jpg can be replaced with a blank file if it's damaged and it'll load as it only requires that there be a file of that name there). Those files are stored in each saved games' folder: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot00xx
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    Are you running as Admin?
    Rocket wrote: »
    Are you running as Admin?

yes
  • wosgoswosgos Join Date: 2018-09-23 Member: 243727Members
    for me worked to delet output log and unknown worlds file in program data
  • Slippypotatoes4uSlippypotatoes4u Kot Sultan Join Date: 2020-03-24 Member: 259088Members
    edited March 2020
    I downloaded and installed subnautica for the first time and when i created a new world when it was like 16 seconds of preloding bases an error show up which said that unable to load unmanaged/build 18
    Pls help me
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try verifying the game files. If that doesn't work, delete the files in snunmanageddata/build 18 then verify game files again.