Let's talk about achievements!

2»

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Seems an interest to talk about achievements again so I have to bring this one back to the top. We will want achievements (when the time is right in development) and have a great list of suggestions here, add yours its fun.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    Updated the OP to be less whiny about the current state of the game and more focused on achievements :)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited September 2017
    Marine Biologist - scan all flora, fauna, and a Stalker tooth
    Technologist - scan all fragments
    Daredevil - scan three Leviathan class creatures
    Geologist - scan all outcropping types and an Ion Crystal
    Archivist - earn the Marine Biologist, Geologist, and Technologist badges
    Firefighter - put out a certain number of fires on the Aurora
    Necromancer - resurrect a thread on the forums at least 1 year old :p
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I don't have the link, but I did see a Trello card to add achievements to the game. I imagine they'll keep them the same between Steam and XBox because why not?

Also, @Slackerstu , the PDA says to stay within 5km of your base/lifepod. I don't think the entire map is more than 3km across, though.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I don't have the link, but I did see a Trello card to add achievements to the game. I imagine they'll keep them the same between Steam and XBox because why not?

Also, @Slackerstu , the PDA says to stay within 5km of your base/lifepod. I don't think the entire map is more than 3km across, though.

The voiceover says 1KM, which is the correct distance.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Insert meme here. - Gathere your first piece of salt. (I thought that would be a pretty neat Internet reference)

I would change it to "Welcome to the Forums- Gather your first piece of salt"
  • nexoboomnexoboom Lara Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233934Members
    How a bout
    SERIOUSLY: die in the fire at your life pod
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Somebody's going for that Junior Apprentice Necromancer achievement, I guess?
  • PlsNotReapersPlsNotReapers Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223177Members
    edited December 2017
    I dunno if anyone has done this yet but...

Hardcore Survivor ~ Beat Subnautica in Hardcore mode.
    Unlucky ~ Have your base flood completely.
    Where'd the dinos go? ~ Find the meteor crash.
    Unwanted Combustion ~ Die from the Aurora explosion.
    I see the light! ~ Survive with one health point left.
    Just Wonderful ~ Watch the Sunbeam death scene.

I hope people like what I made.
  • SilverHasArisenSilverHasArisen Indiana Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235096Members
    edited January 2018
    "Weesa in big doodoo dis dime" - encounter the creatures of the void...
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    edited January 2018
    In a recent major update, a bunch of new achievements were added to Subnautica on Steam. This brings the number up to 17. This is fewer than I had hoped, but better than the few placeholders that existed for such a long time. I expect XBox to follow suit.
    Racer1 wrote: »
    In a recent major update, a bunch of new achievements were added to Subnautica on Steam. This brings the number up to 17. This is fewer than I had hoped, but better than the few placeholders that existed for such a long time. I expect XBox to follow suit.

All 17 have been viewable for some time now, but the last two are effectively locked until we can build the rocket.