Prawn vs. Ghost Leviathan

GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
So one way i found to eliminate the threat of leviathans in the deep sea caves that lead to the volcanic area involves a Prawn suit with the grapple and mining drill. Get it to charge at you. Then Use the grapple to effectively lasso the leviathan and pull you in close while the leviathan trying to shake you off prevents you from getting that damaged by the leviathans mouth. then you turn on your drill and hang on for dear life.

The leviathan wont be killed by this. Rather they will try to smash you between their body and the cave wall. If they happen to miscalculate the vectors of attack necessary to do this, and really if someone had an active mining drill rammed down your throat while underwater, you really think you'd be able to execute complex mathematics with precision? They will miscalculate and potentially end up clipping through the cave wall texture and wont be able to get themselves free as they become one with the cave wall. At that point you might want to release your grapple before you suffer the same fate.

Comments

• GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    edited January 2018
    its not anything new to deal with leviathan with the prawn suit and drill arm.
    i have manage to deal with both the ghost leviathans in grand reef.
    only had to repair the prawn suit few times.
  • nafeasontonafeasonto Meow Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207824Members
    I killed the one in the Lost River, because it kept making a nose dive for my Prawn suit, got sick of it. Bye bye.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't use the drill arm, I prefer to punch them.

Now is time for you guys to hunt a Reaper Leviathan and a Sea Dragon Leviathan
    The reaper is a really wild and fun ride
  • SoldierX5SoldierX5 United States Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235341Members
    So I'm in a bit of a perdiciment similar to this one. I was going to build a small base in the Bone Fields where the Ghost Leviathan is, and accidentally lured him to where my base was. I managed to escape with my life and my PRAWN but now he's just guarding my base and going in/out of the cave walls. I've been thinking about putting tiger plants on the roof to drive him out, but idk if it'll work. And I already tried fighting him, shooting gas torpedos, and drilling him, and it looks like nothing works. Any ideas?
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2018
    SoldierX5 wrote: »
    So I'm in a bit of a perdiciment similar to this one. I was going to build a small base in the Bone Fields where the Ghost Leviathan is, and accidentally lured him to where my base was. I managed to escape with my life and my PRAWN but now he's just guarding my base and going in/out of the cave walls. I've been thinking about putting tiger plants on the roof to drive him out, but idk if it'll work. And I already tried fighting him, shooting gas torpedos, and drilling him, and it looks like nothing works. Any ideas?

When you load the game is he still there?
    Then you could try to lure him out in the same way that you lured him in. (I suggest doing this with a seamoth, it is much more maneuverable). Think of it as a challenge and you will have fun trying things.

And if this doesn't work... yes you can kill him with the prawn suit. By punching or drilling him. It takes a long time so you need to be very patient because he will never show any signs of damage until he dies. Just keep repairing your suit
    Oh, well I might just try and grapple onto him and kill him if that's the case. Then I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore and I can get the supplies inside my base. The only problem I have with this solution is that I don't know if they respawn or not. Do they or no?
    SoldierX5 wrote: »
    Oh, well I might just try and grapple onto him and kill him if that's the case. Then I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore and I can get the supplies inside my base. The only problem I have with this solution is that I don't know if they respawn or not. Do they or no?

They don't respawn. At least mine didn't.
    Good luck with your hunt
    Ok, thanks for the help!
  • GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    Based on blrg's Idea, I'm guessing that punching the Leviathan is the new "punching the shark".