Xbox One has come a long way

gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
I purchased Subnautica on Xbox One as soon as it came out. I liked the performance of that initial release, and lamented how the frame rate got worse and worse with each update, until I stopped playing for a lot of time. I decided to wait until 1.0 before I tried it again, but decided to give at spin a couple of days ago. I'm impressed. It plays much closer to what I would expect, the exception being a couple of half second stutters that occur occasionally and also when I surface to get air. Still, I have been playing for two nights, about 5 hours total, and feel like I'm enjoying Subnautica again. I hope 1.0 comes soon enough so I can continue to see improvements to this beautiful game.

Comments

• mickid94mickid94 United States Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235244Members
    Has subnautica been fully realised on Xbox one like it has for pc? I can't find a definite answer for this because all the discussions are from so long ago lol!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2018
    XB1 will get the same update that PC does, however, it won't be considered out of Game Preview / Early Access yet, as the performance isn't up to the Devs' standards. So, it will be fully released, but will still be considered "Game Preview", with a lower price, for a bit until they've done even more optimization.

There is a one-hour demo for free, you could always try that and see if you want to buy now or wait.
    If we buy it now and it fully releases do we have to rebuy it?
    mickid94 wrote: »
    If we buy it now and it fully releases do we have to rebuy it?

No. Everyone that bought Game Preview on Xbox One or Early Access on PC gets the full version on the 23rd (7PM PST).
  • ArellaJardinArellaJardin Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235307Members
    Great, then I won’t wait til Tuesday, I’ll buy it now.
  • ZoumanZouman Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235473Members
    I have an Xbox One X and have played Subnautica on my Xbox One and my XboX One S and never noticed this but the graphics seem worse on the Xbox One X. I caught a bladderfish and it looked extremely pixelated more so than the regular Xbox One. Also I keep getting these black squares popping in on my screen and a few times the whole screen went black. I reinstalled and stared a new game and it still does it. Is this a known issue and/or is there a fix?
    Zouman wrote: »
    I have an Xbox One X and have played Subnautica on my Xbox One and my XboX One S and never noticed this but the graphics seem worse on the Xbox One X. I caught a bladderfish and it looked extremely pixelated more so than the regular Xbox One. Also I keep getting these black squares popping in on my screen and a few times the whole screen went black. I reinstalled and stared a new game and it still does it. Is this a known issue and/or is there a fix?

I think that's the Eye Candy update. They've tweaked that a lot more, and there's another update dropping today, if that doesn't fix it, go into the options and start turning off blur options until it looks the way you want.