New update delayed AS USUAL for Oculus Home

Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
On the steam version, you can play it in VR, or in desktop mode. Oculus Home version is exactly the same. There is precisely zero excuse to delay patches for it. I should have bought it on Steam because updates are ALWAYS delayed. How bought 1.0 launch day? WIll it be the same deal there too?

Is it possible to get a Steam key? You're selling a game on a client you don't properly support.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited January 2018
    There is precisely zero excuse to delay patches for it.
    finishing the game is more important than immediately adding support for a vr headset that costs 400$ that most people can't even afford

it's been said that vr support will be completed post-release

edit : better-informed response a few posts down
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited January 2018
    finishing the game is more important than immediately adding support for a vr headset that costs 400$ that most people can't even afford

I've been here before with the official site and people incapable of reading...

Let me go over it one more time. Try and keep up. Steam ( with me so far) version, you can play on your monitor....or VR! Neat, right? Same thing with Oculus Home. Now explain to me, why they delay patches. It is EXACTLY the same game that's on Steam. I just want what I payed for, and what Steam owners get. If you can't read, don't reply. And the thread is aimed at UW devs, not random people who can't read and say the same predictable thing every time.

Oculus Home version does not preclude playing on your monitor. Neither does Steam version. It's the same game.

Did you catch that? Oculus Home version does not preclude playing on your monitor. Neither does Steam version. It's the same game.

UW, if you can't properly support your product on a client /platform, then don't offer it for sale there.

I'm not interested in your damn opinion on how many people have a VR set up ( FYI we're talking a few million at this point but I digress) nnd "informing" me of when VR support will be finished was not requested, or required.
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    +1 with what @Kouji_San said.

Have you considered the possibility that UW submitted the same version at the same time to all stores ?

Different stores have different procedures before games get released to their customers. Some are fast, some are slow. And it would certainly be directly against UW's interests to put the blame on their distributors just to appease a few customers. I mean, UW publicly blaming the companies they have contract with to sell their game and send part of collected money back their way so they can recoup development costs... What could go wrong ?

You may be barking up the wrong tree.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    There's no way they submitted it at the same time. And no, I'm not barking up the wrong tree. Oculus says take it up with UW.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    UWE devs on the whole are pretty patient. If it was me, the sum total response to this thread would be a screenshot of the dev portal to Occulus Home, showing the upload date and time, and perhaps a warning reminder about UWE Community Rule #1

That being said, I understand the frustration. But, by your own words, it's the exact same game. Do you really think they just hold back the Occulus build to spite them? Use your head a little, there's something going on here that's not quite right. Perhaps there's a script not working correctly, perhaps the upload got corrupted. There's never a problem getting updates on Steam, the versions are the same, so there's either something screwing up, or you might as well go play another game because UWE is incompetent (which is what you seem to be insinuating). They're not, so that leaves the other possibilities.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    edited January 2018
    Did you see the amount of bugs in vr on their trello bug fixing page? the devs want to give you the game at its finest but would you like having a game that's buggy and full glitches not to mention the fps drops? Good things come to those who wait so be patient and you'll have what you paid for buddy

And one more thing: that reply to snail attack is not acceptable at all buddy maybe you were angry at that time but somewhat understandable but try not unload it on others buddy

I hope you get the latest version as soon as possible
    edited January 2018
    adel_50 wrote: »
    Did you see the amount of bugs in vr on their trello bug fixing page? the devs want to give you the game at its finest but would you like having a game that's buggy and full glitches not to mention the fps drops? Good things come to those who wait so be patient and you'll have what you paid for buddy

What's your point exactly? They release official patches for the Steam version, which supports VR too. The Oculus Home version plays in desktop mode or VR, just like the Steam version. This patch was clearly good enough for the Steam version. I don't even understand what you're saying. So it's ok to ship glitchy unfinished games to Steam but Oculus HOme, they what...treasure it more and want to wait to give it the best possible finished game? Gimme a break. So let me get this straight: Subnautica was ok to sell on Oculus home in it's previous /current glitchy, unfinished state, but not good enough to receive the patch Steam gets? So, Steam version is worse? better? I'm trying to understand your flawed logic. VR can't be the excuse. In fact I'm not even talking about VR. You like every single other poster always go there and miss the point entirely.
    adel_50 wrote: »

And one more thing: that reply to snail attack is not acceptable at all buddy maybe you were angry at that time but somewhat understandable but try not unload it on others buddy

I hope you get the latest version as soon as possible
    I really don't care. In fact the irony is I got a holier than thou, educational reply on the state of VR. As if I asked for that. As if that's what my thread is about.

As for hitting the disagree button guys, could you be ANY more clueless? You are disagreeing with facts and it makes no sense what so ever. The Oculus Home version is EXACTLY the same game with OPTIONAL beta VR support. There is no reason to delay patches. I totally regret getting this damn game on Oculus Home. UW does not support it properly and treats it like the red headed step child.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Dude, you're going to get banned if you keep this attitude up.
    edited January 2018
    Uh oh! I mean, if I cared, that would trouble me something fierce!
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Let me remind you that this a public forum and that gives everyone the right to respond and react to your post.

Take your own advise. Sorry if my posts are wrapped in a pretty bow and I hurt your wittle feeweings.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited January 2018
    Just because it's the same game doesn't mean it will be the same version. Xbox is often multiple updates behind steam. That is because it is harder to get updates for a game on Xbox than it is on steam. It is still the same game, but it still takes time for updates on different systems. So please do research next time before calling out UWE, as you seem to not understand how different systems work.

Just because it's the same game doesn't mean it will be the same version. Xbox is often multiple updates behind steam. That is because it is harder to get updates for a game on Xbox than it is on steam. It is still the same game, but it still takes time for updates on different systems. So please do research next time before calling out UWE, as you seem to not understand how different systems work.

Your logic is flawed. It's the same game, on the same platform. Just a different client. PC vs PC is not a different system. It's you and the rest of you that don't seem to get that.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Different client, different system. What ever. It can still cause the update to be delayed even on the same system.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited January 2018

I've been here before with the official site and people incapable of reading...

Let me go over it one more time. Try and keep up. Steam ( with me so far) version, you can play on your monitor....or VR! Neat, right? Same thing with Oculus Home. Now explain to me, why they delay patches. It is EXACTLY the same game that's on Steam. I just want what I payed for, and what Steam owners get. If you can't read, don't reply. And the thread is aimed at UW devs, not random people who can't read and say the same predictable thing every time.

Oculus Home version does not preclude playing on your monitor. Neither does Steam version. It's the same game.

Did you catch that? Oculus Home version does not preclude playing on your monitor. Neither does Steam version. It's the same game.

UW, if you can't properly support your product on a client /platform, then don't offer it for sale there.

I'm not interested in your damn opinion on how many people have a VR set up ( FYI we're talking a few million at this point but I digress) nnd "informing" me of when VR support will be finished was not requested, or required.
    I apologize for assuming that Oculus Home and the Oculus Rift were essentially the same thing. I didn't know what Oculus Home was or that Subnautica was even available for it as I've only known of the Steam and Xbox One versions.

However, that's where my apologies end. What you don't seem to understand is that there's obviously going to be more work involved to make any newly-completed update work on a different, non-steam platform. Seeing as the Steam version, being the oldest and most popular version, will have its update completed first, is it fair to make them wait for the update? I have the Xbox One edition of Subnautica because my computer can't run it, and I'm okay with the devs releasing the update to Steam first and waiting a couple of days or even weeks for them to complete our version of the game.

Sometimes certain platforms, such as the aforementioned Xbox One edition, require an unavoidable series of tests and quality checks to be run by the store owners. It's certainly been said before that the Oculus Home version of the game will experience minor delays.

I'm also not sure why you refer to me, the only replier to your thread at the time, as a "random people who can't read and say the same predictable thing every time". That's an incredibly rude and shallow thing to say, not to mention your "did you catch that" BS.

And why you think that my kind informing of the planned VR Support update is unwarranted is just beyond me.
    Seriously, stop being so pissed. Since they are two different clients they both work very differently.
    they both work very differently.
    ya,except no.

edited January 2018
    Yes, they do. They work differently. They are different clients. Seriously, just because they are the same game doesn't mean they work exactly the same.Town of Salem, a PC game. Is on steam and browser. Browser is free. Steam cost money. The steam version runs better and has more things. Why? Because they are different clients on the same console.

And why you think that my kind informing of the planned VR Support update is unwarranted is just beyond me.

Because it has nothing to do with this.

Steam gets these updates. Explain that? If they don't want to ship updates because "VR isn't ready yet" or what not THEN WHY DOES STEAM GET IT. Steam version is exactly the same. You can put on a VIve or a Rift or play it on your monitor. So why did Steam get the update if your reason is correct?

edited January 2018
    Since you won't budge, it is probably a best to get a moderator or one of the devs to end this

My favorite part of flamewars is when one of the devs come.
    edited January 2018
    Yes, they do. They work differently. They are different clients. Seriously, just because they are the same game doesn't mean they work exactly the same.Town of Salem, a PC game. Is on steam and browser. Browser is free. Steam cost money. The steam version runs better and has more things. Why? Because they are different clients on the same console.

All of you are wrong. So coming back at me with it's me who can't read or something to that effect doesn't fly. Steam vs Oculus home is like Steam vs GOG. It is NOT like browser vs Steam. At all. Not sure if you really think that, or if that was just a terrible example but no. no no no.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    Everyone is giving the same information so, naturally, they are all wrong.
    edited January 2018
    DarthOmnis wrote: »
    Everyone is giving the same information so, naturally, they are all wrong.

I mean...yes? I don't know about naturally, but comming back with Oculus Home vs Steam is like Browser vs Steam really took the cake. You can't be any more incorrect than that. I am arguing with people that thought or think Oculus Home is a head set when it's a bloody client. They kind of lost the battle before they even started typing.
This discussion has been closed.