Unable to open Captains Quarters

AlteredBuzzardAlteredBuzzard Norwich. UK Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225453Members
I received the communication from Alterra telling me the code to the captains quarters.
However the code do not work on the door.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Yeah, only way in is to teleport inside via cheats. Not sure why they'd go through the trouble of implementing that radio message if it doesn't even open the door.
  • AlteredBuzzardAlteredBuzzard Norwich. UK Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225453Members
    yeah, I had to warp in there.
    good thing I they kept the Dev Console in :)
  • kirbyatemysoulkirbyatemysoul Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233697Members
    pretty sure it was on purpose it lets them test that the message gets triggered properly without having to worry about acually having the qaurters player ready yet
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    that seems the only way to get in
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    I've been in the Captain's quarters, they weren't available, then they did an update, which was bug fixes and performance updates. I got a fresh message saying this is the code for the Captain's quarters, went back to the Aurora, entered the code the door opened.
  • BrandemihlBrandemihl United States Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234769Members
    So we can access it now? I'm on the Xbox, and can't even seem to find it.
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi Brandemihl

I take it you know where the crew quarters are, if you search the ship, and read all the data pads, you'll have all the access codes barring the captain's room. Open them all up and the one that's still closed is the captain's quarters. Hope this helps, sorry can't remember which room is the captain's.
  • TracpepaperTracpepaper United States Join Date: 2018-08-26 Member: 243054Members
    I coudnt open the door until I had read/listened to the PDA message that contained the code Even though I could see it, I think it had to register that I had actually looked at it? NOt sure, but after it worked for me then
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I coudnt open the door until I had read/listened to the PDA message that contained the code Even though I could see it, I think it had to register that I had actually looked at it? NOt sure, but after it worked for me then

This is from last year.

Of course it works now, it was added a while back.
  • Ace_of_spadesAce_of_spades Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250915Members
    I put in the code and as soon as i did i saved and exited the game without opening the door to the captains quarters and when i got back on it said i entered the code and on the panel it shows an unlocked padlock but i cant open the door. The door says its locked but the panel says its unlocked. I put 8 and a half hours into that save and i dont want to restart it. Im playing on ps4 and i dont know what to do. Icant complete the game if i cant get into the captains quarters please help
  • Phantom_StormPhantom_Storm Pi as a, Illinois Join Date: 2019-03-22 Member: 251906Members
    I need help, I have the code, I'm next to the door, but it won't let me input the code, is there a certain button i need to press?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I need help, I have the code, I'm next to the door, but it won't let me input the code, is there a certain button i need to press?

You use cursor on door. Click the mouse.
  • Phantom_StormPhantom_Storm Pi as a, Illinois Join Date: 2019-03-22 Member: 251906Members

You use cursor on door. Click the mouse.

I'm on xbox one, is there a different button?
    Never mind I figured it out, I had my "A" button as jump which cause it took not work correctly
  • SerenaSerena Join Date: 2020-03-25 Member: 259141Members
    what triggers the door code radio message, im on xbox one x like day 100 and havnt gotten the message, but on pc day 16 i got it
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    According to the fandom/wiki, there are 2 triggers. One trigger is 5 days after a different radio-triggered event
    sunbeam arrival

The other trigger is from a location in the Lost River biome
    Disease Reasearch Facility

I thought the multi-triggers were an either-or situation. Maybe they removed the first trigger I mentioned.
  • DaniloWDaniloW Quebec,Canada Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259613Members
    Hello,i am on Xbox and i can't open the docks door with the code, someone can help me? I can't finish the game if i can't open this door.
  • QardrusQardrus Ireland, Dublin, Royal canal Ave, 47 Join Date: 2020-04-05 Member: 259649Members
    if you cannot open the docks door, try again, if it doesn't work the second time, warp yourself in.