GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

1234568»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you crash without having saved the game, you will lose all progress since the last save, until auto-save is implemented.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    The problem with autosave is if it saves 5 seconds before the sea dragon slices your cyclops in twain leaving you stranded in the middle of the lava zone. Or any other myriad of ill timed disasters which leave you in a death loop. Unless autosaves were separate from the manual save I personally wouldn't want it implemented.
  • JClinger2004JClinger2004 Join Date: 2017-10-10 Member: 233486Members
    when will the soundtrack come out on itunes.
  • kirbyatemysoulkirbyatemysoul Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233697Members
    edited October 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    If you crash without having saved the game, you will lose all progress since the last save, until auto-save is implemented.

it obviously wasnt gonna keep the save from when it crashed but im saying it didnt keep the last 3 or so saves before that either it only loaded to a much earlier save ... anyway i decided maybe there was an issue with implementing all the updates ( ive had subnautica for almost as long as its been available on xbox so lots of updates) so i uninstalled and redownloaded. gonna start another fresh file and see if the issue is on my end. wish me luck in the briney deep.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

it obviously wasnt gonna keep the save from when it crashed but im saying it didnt keep the last 3 or so saves before that either it only loaded to a much earlier save ... anyway i decided maybe there was an issue with implementing all the updates ( ive had subnautica for almost as long as its been available on xbox so lots of updates) so i uninstalled and redownloaded. gonna start another fresh file and see if the issue is on my end. wish me luck in the briney deep.

If you experience this again, be sure to make a new topic as well as send feedback with the in-game tool. It would mean there's another save game bug that needs squashing, in addition to the one they already took care of.
  • ndrb681ndrb681 Spain Join Date: 2018-01-03 Member: 234777Members
    Hello everyone.
    On December 26, I bought the subnautica game for my son's new xbox one s.
    We have been playing many hours until December 31, taxing the games with different periodicity.
    At the beginning we had no problems, then an error message started to appear but insisting that it was saved, now we can not save the games played.
    I read the forum with the problem and it is assumed that the installed version solved it but in my case it is not like that.
    I have even tried to change the time of the xbox to put it in zone -x and nothing.
    Can someone help me solve this problem?
    Thank you.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    ndrb681 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    On December 26, I bought the subnautica game for my son's new xbox one s.
    We have been playing many hours until December 31, taxing the games with different periodicity.
    At the beginning we had no problems, then an error message started to appear but insisting that it was saved, now we can not save the games played.
    I read the forum with the problem and it is assumed that the installed version solved it but in my case it is not like that.
    I have even tried to change the time of the xbox to put it in zone -x and nothing.
    Can someone help me solve this problem?
    Thank you.

If possible, please post a photograph of the error messages appearing. The timezone save/load issue was already fixed, this might be something new, or might be a glitch with the game on your Xbox.
    Hello
    Tonight I take a picture of the exact error but I can tell you that the error number is 2156068870
    Hello
    I attach the image with the error
  • SilverHasArisenSilverHasArisen Indiana Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235096Members
    I got stuck in a perpetual save state. It wouldn't finish saving, and there was no error message. I'm on Xbox ONE.
    There is no solution to the error I have reported?
    It's a little disappointing to buy a game and not be able to play it.
    I would appreciate any help to continue playing.
    Thank you.
    ndrb681 wrote: »
    There is no solution to the error I have reported?
    It's a little disappointing to buy a game and not be able to play it.
    I would appreciate any help to continue playing.
    Thank you.

Another update has hit. Try a fresh save with that update.
  • Gumball_21Gumball_21 Join Date: 2019-05-11 Member: 252835Members
    matijas_05 wrote: »
    I had saved multiple times and my game crashed. I loaded back in and all of my progress was gone. It happens on all saves. Now i'm reinstalling my game to see if it helps :neutral:

It works for me by just making sure you quite game when your done.