Problem with a databox

obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
There is a wreck just South East of the precursor mountain in the blood kelp biome. You gain entry via a open section and have to laser cut one of the doors. When you get inside there is a area to the left partially exposed to the outside, in that section there is a data box. The data box appears to the surrounded by an invisible wall so you cannot swim to it despite there being no obstructions. Therefore you cannot open it to gain a blueprint.

I can confirm the databox is not already activated. This is from starting a new game on the Eye Candy update.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This will be fixed in the next update, you will able able to access that databox once the Aurora explodes.
  • benhondabenhonda usa Join Date: 2018-01-03 Member: 234774Members
    for me, the databox that is supposed to have the prawn drill arm blueprints is visible, but will not open. You can't click on it. I've reloaded the game a few times but nothing.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    I know items and blue prints are somewhat randomised now. I found prawn drill arms outside the wreck on the floating underwater islands - but those bone sharks are vicious. There were also some more drill arms available to scan near the wreck south west of the floating island at the south of the map - though it's very deep.

I will be interested to see what's in the databox once it's activated.