Christmas on 4546B

scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
Lifepod 5 Survival Log

Entry: 25 December

0925 hours
Well, by my reckoning (and this infernal PDA), it's Christmas back home. I'd hoped to be rescued by now, but I'm still here on 4546B. It's certainly not the way I'd like to spend the holiday, but I'm going to make the best of it.

1044 hours
Okay, so I made some lawn ornaments for my seabase from some salvage. A few reindeer I rigged with LED sticks to light up, and I managed to fashion a pretty snazzy sleigh from a toilet I salvaged off the Aurora.
It didn't go so well. The Reaper Leviathan that comes by here from time to time is apparently antagonized either by lights or by reindeer, and the last I saw of Rudolph, he was being dragged off and mangled by an angry Reaper. What a grinch.
The sleigh didn't do much better. While I was trying to pry my reindeer away from the reaper, some damn stalker saw the metal of the sleigh and took off with it. By the time I caught up with it, a few of them had chewed on it now it doesn't look like a sleigh or a toilet. Kind of a freeform metal cloud. On the upside, though, I got some teeth out of it, so...yay, I guess.

1132 hours
Hooked up some lights in the base to try and cheer things up. Apparently too many, because the base dropped into low-power mode and stopped making oxygen. Again. Still, the lights looked really pretty with the blurred vision from the hypoxia.

1314 hours
Making myself a Christmas dinner. No ham or turkey to be had, so I'm going to try to catch one of those flying skyray things.

1444 hours
Fell off a cliff three times trying to catch a skyray and got bitten by one of those crabs. We're having fish this Christmas.

1552 hours
Got a couple hoopfish cooking in the fabricator. Base is still recovering power, so it's taking a while, so I'm making myself some eggnog while I wait. I'm not sure what this egg is, but it should work, I think.

1605 hours
Ampeel. It was an ampeel egg. I still can't feel my tongue, and I think the shock almost blew my teeth through the wall.

1609 hours
Dinner!

1742 hours
I blame my distracted state of mind from the eggnog electrocution for what just happened. I made a mistake and ate the hoopfish antennae. Apparently they contain some kind of mild neurotoxin. I'm okay, I think. I can't whistle for some reason, and I spent about an hour having an animated three-way argument between myself, one of my wall lockers, and my hat. I think the hat won, but the locker had some good points.

1909 hours
Decided to try to put together a tree. Found a coral branch that looked good and was big enough, so I hauled it inside. Made a kind of green paint from creepvine and gave it a splash of green, and it looked pretty good. Hung some lanternfruit and creepvine seeds on it and, you know, it was looking really pretty festive. Then I went into the wrong locker and instead of some lithium crystals for ornaments, I ended up grabbing some gasopod bulbs. Long story short, they blew the top half of the tree off and now my multipurpose room smells like someone set up a dumpster on fire. I sealed the bulkheads, but I may have to flood it to get the stench out.

1947 hours
I'm sleeping in the Seamoth tonight. I decided to try to do something to salvage the day, so I wanted to put up a stocking. Who knows, maybe Santa will bring me a rebreather. (Of course, I don't have any stockings, so I settled for an old swim fin.) I have no idea how the nail went through the wall of my seabase, but it did. My quarters are now full of water and since the multipurpose room smells like barbecued gym socks, I'm not sleeping in there.

2002 hours
Not sleeping in the Seamoth. The reaper came back and now the 'moth has Rudolph jammed through the windshield. Well, at least I have my reindeer back, even if most of it is missing. And the rest is kinda chewed up. Nose still lights up, though.

2039 hours
Back in the lifepod for tonight. No way I'm driving to Deep Grand Reef at this hour to bunk up in that base. I'll rig up a heater, pretend I'm falling asleep by a fireplace.

2054 hours
Note to self: fabricate new fire extinguisher tomorrow. And new fins. And pants.

2138 hours
Thought I heard something outside. No sleigh bells or a "ho ho ho," so I didn't have high hopes, but I checked anyway. Turns out a stalker had carried a fragment of a vehicle modification station to just under my lifepod and dropped it. I was able to scan it and finally piece together the blueprint! I've been trying to finish those plans for days, and this stalker just gave me a really nice Christmas present. I think I'll call him Santa.

2149 hours
Santa just bit me.

>End of log, 25 December<

Comments

• RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas! Now after reading all of that I have to clean all the coffee off my monitor and keyboard... :smile:

And now I kinda hope the devs don't drink coffee and read the forums. Otherwise the release date of Subnautyca might end up being pushed back...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Merry Christmas!

Very entertaining, although now I kinda feel bad for the guy. :lol:
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Lifepod 5 Survival Log

2138 hours
    Thought I heard something outside. No sleigh bells or a "ho ho ho," so I didn't have high hopes, but I checked anyway. Turns out a stalker had carried a fragment of a vehicle modification station to just under my lifepod and dropped it. I was able to scan it and finally piece together the blueprint! I've been trying to finish those plans for days, and this stalker just gave me a really nice Christmas present. I think I'll call him Santa.

2149 hours
    Santa just bit me.

>End of log, 25 December<

This part gets me. Just the idea of being bitten by Santa sounds disturbing... :)
  • conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
    This is amazing. Merry Christmas.