IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING MODS!!

2»

Comments

• BauerJankinsBauerJankins GERMANY, WASHINGTON Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215772Members
    BingoWings wrote: »

What hardware specs do you have, which is causing that problem?

I used to have 2.4ghz quad core, 4gb ram and 2gb graphics card (still use that today). I've never had any problems with FPS. Plus these settings in NS2+, get rid of things that are permanent on the map throughout the round like holograms and the gas effect around empty res nodes. If you are saying that these issues are caused in late game, am I right in thinking the problem is actually caused by character models and maybe a setting to make these low resolution could satisfy those with hardware problems, without affecting the gameplay?

who are you dude you're a living meme or another onehit smurf trying to troll people
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    One persons no problem is anothers problem. I want to run ns2 with no less than 120fps but I do have late game drops to about 60fps. Another person would be happy to stay above 60 fps
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Nintendows wrote: »
    Handschuh wrote: »
    Nintendows wrote: »
    Handschuh wrote: »
    pSyk0mAn wrote: »
    Biodome looks actually great again.
    It's ridiculous how much stuff is removed by NS2+..even plants in seeding, which completely block view around the res node area.

Yeah, but the competitive mindset dictates the only two things I should see is collidable surfaces and gameplay entities.

Not just that, you don't want your fps to drop unnecessarily in your matches..

On the other side of the coin, it would also be fair to force players to have the same settings regarding shadows, particles, or props, the way CS:GO and other competitive games force certain graphic settings in competitive matches.
    As long as the requirements in ns2 to have somewhat stable fps are so insanely high... especially in the lategame it is currently more unfair to force any "higher" settings in any way...

It's so much easier in a groupfight in lategame to keep your head up high if your fps aren't dropping like hell.
    So yeah in theory, I agree, but practically it won't work unless you give others with a highend-pc an unfair advantage

Feels like everyone who hit the agree button on your post never really thought it through

You might not have noticed, but the community is already small enough

I think you misread what I wrote. I just want a standardization - even if the game looks like NS1, at least whatever I'm looking at is the same thing another player is looking at.

You would want to disable the bubbly infestation first then. :)

Yeah, probably. There's something wrong with the way it's seeded so that different people see different "bubbles" sometimes.
  • BingoWingsBingoWings UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194253Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    One persons no problem is anothers problem. I want to run ns2 with no less than 120fps but I do have late game drops to about 60fps. Another person would be happy to stay above 60 fps

It's a genuine problem, fair enough. I sit corrected, but I don't think it should be fixed by an option buried in a mod setting menu that mainly competitive/veteran players know about. Let alone one that gives different players different views of what items are on the level. Speaking as a worthless scum casual player :'(
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BingoWings wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »

It's a genuine problem, fair enough. I sit corrected, but I don't think it should be fixed by an option buried in a mod setting menu that mainly competitive/veteran players know about. Let alone one that gives different players different views of what items are on the level. Speaking as a worthless scum casual player :'(

I don't think NS2+ really removes anything that drops FPS, at least there is not a dramatic change. A lot of the options in NS2+ remove visual clutter which have no value other than immersion. Even though I am not a competitive player, but I remove some stuff too because I do not appreciate the immersion. I kind of have a middle ground because I remove some but not as much as other players.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Closing this thread as build 320 makes the notice irrelevant.
    If anyone has any further issues please contact myself or anyone else on the team through PMs or discord.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.