Blood Moon: Bug or working as intended?

GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
So, I was playing a new game on survival to try out the new graphical settings, and had everything set to max. But when night came around, EVERYTHING, including the inside of the lifepod, turned dark, blood red. It scared me at first, as it was almost like my game was posessed, lol. Now for the question: Is this intentional because of the red light the (planet) moon reflects? Was this a lunar eclipse? Or is it a serious graphical bug?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    wait, the update's out? I haven't seen a single post from any of the devs about it.
  • GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
    wait, the update's out? I haven't seen a single post from any of the devs about it.
    Well it is. I do find it a bit weird how quiet subnautica can be about its updates.

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Well it is. I do find it a bit weird how quiet subnautica can be about its updates.

played the update myself for a while, and the bug is due to some crazy glitch with the antialiasing setting. Turn it off to prevent it from happening. :/
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    PC release branch is on B81 (Dec 11), which is the "tiny update" release. UWE mentioned pushing this to XBox, which usually takes another week or so.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    I havent fiddled with any of the graphics settings but there was one night where an eerie red hue descended on the environment and scared the hell out of me.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Bloody hell, where's my bloody screenshot you bloody fiend!

*sad face*
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    So, I was playing a new game on survival to try out the new graphical settings, and had everything set to max. But when night came around, EVERYTHING, including the inside of the lifepod, turned dark, blood red. It scared me at first, as it was almost like my game was posessed, lol. Now for the question: Is this intentional because of the red light the (planet) moon reflects? Was this a lunar eclipse? Or is it a serious graphical bug?

You didn't by any chance drop a lit flare under the lifepod, did you?