Subreddits related to the NS2 Subreddit

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
Interactive map of reddit focused in on NS2
http://rhiever.github.io/redditviz/#ns2

Related subreddits:
allthingszerg
AskGames
badcompany2
Borderlands2
ChivalryGame
counterstrike
Cynicalbrit
dayzlfg
GlobalOffensive
Hawken
HeroesofNewerth
Playdate
prisonarchitect
ProjectAwesome
RandomActsOfGaming
starcitizen
TheWarZ
Tribes
Xcom

I don't know what I expected, but not those.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    There was that one cross promotion with chivalry once. I guess that's where that comes from.

XCOM is just a great game with a solid subreddit.

No clue about the others.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm guessing humble bundles have something to do with it, particularly Prison Architect
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Could it be mentions of /r/ns2?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Why would r/ns2 be mentioned in the borderlands 2 subreddit, though?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

The method of analysis is not mentioned on the website but on a blog post by the creator. The website takes subreddits with over 2500 subs and searches for users who are significantly more likely to comment in. The list shows not the subreddits that people are interested in but the subreddits that people participate in often.

I could post the method blog posts later.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Makes sense, I've visited most of those subreddits on that list, along with countless others (arenafps, pcgaming, etc)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The research paper on the website linked in the OP is here. Methods can be found there.