Full Release and continued support of the PDApp

RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
For the past month or so I've been working on An android app I call the PDApp. It simulates the PDA on a tablet. I've finally gotten it to 1.0, and released it on google play. I'm going to keep working on it, but updates will be every few weeks instead of every day, however I'll still release updates now and then.
Those Who already Downloaded the PDApp when it was in development, I would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling it from google play, because I have broken and fixed so many different save/load things, I can no longer guarentee it will work properly(Besides I can keep a better Eye on how may people Install it!)

I am required to tell you that The PDApp uses your device camera, and stores those images in A path which will persist data. Privacy policy:
https://www.freeprivacypolicy.com/controlpanel.htm
Google play link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Recursion_enterprises.PDApp
Also, Do Not download this on a phone, as it was designed for a tablet. I'm hoping to later create phone support and computer support, but right now Please only download on tablet.

Comments

• RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    edited December 2017
    Right now I'm working on PDAconnect, and phone support. Phone support will contain a map, databank, and camera, and you will be able to sync it with your main PDA. Today I got the network communication sorted out(I also set up a rudimentary PDAconnect page), and set up a little system where you can set up the Main PDApp to connect to a PDApp mobile on a local network, however I still have to set up communication between them. Version 0.05 of PDApp mobile is below, however you won't be able to communicate with it unless you opt into the beta version on google play. Any beta testers can apply here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Recursion_enterprises.PDApp
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2017
    I believe the official push from all the different big software places (Android, Apple, Microsoft) is to maintain one app across device types, and have the app configure itself to different display sizes and device types (touch screen / non-touch screen).

I say this because there used to be different apps across different types (Newegg Tablet vs regular Newegg, etc) and now they've just merged into a singular app that behaves differently depending on the use type.

Not sure which way you were going to do this, but if possible, probably best to integrate the different types into the same app. EDIT: I mean phone and tablet, not PDApp and PDApp connect.
    One more thing. Not sure how many only have phones, but the app does work on phone (that's what I'm using and it works on the Note 8, anyways). So it's worth a shot, just don't expect it to be flawless, and if you find bugs, be sure to let Recursion know you're using the tablet version on a phone. Just keep in mind the dev has stated it's not designed for phone use (so if you have a tablet, use that).
    edited December 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I believe the official push from all the different big software places (Android, Apple, Microsoft) is to maintain one app across device types, and have the app configure itself to different display sizes and device types (touch screen / non-touch screen).

I say this because there used to be different apps across different types (Newegg Tablet vs regular Newegg, etc) and now they've just merged into a singular app that behaves differently depending on the use type.

Not sure which way you were going to do this, but if possible, probably best to integrate the different types into the same app. EDIT: I mean phone and tablet, not PDApp and PDApp connect.

It might be a little hard to Implement that, because I've designed the PDApp to be used for only tablet, and it would be kind of hard to implement it changing resolution and changing into the PDApp mobile Vs the PDApp, and PDApp mobile is designed to be an add-on, so people might get a bit confused about it, and it would be difficult from a testing perspective too, because whenever I mad the tiniest change, I'd need to build it to a phone or tablet for testing(not sure if unity can tell the difference between a phone or tablet anyway). Not to shoot down your idea, but It just isn't feasible at this time. Also, got a five star review today!
    Does anyone want to beta test?
  • XzanronXzanron Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225299Members
    I'm a bit confused as to what it actually does.
    Xzanron wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to what it actually does.

It simulates a PDA in normal mode on a tablet. No update today, BTW, because I'm going to need to rethink my entire PDAconnect architecture.
  • TigerTankSniperTigerTankSniper Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211735Members
    I have a REALLY slow and old tablet will it work on that?

Maybe? I don't know all the performance specs.

You can easily uninstall it if it doesn't perform well.
  • SoonerbotSoonerbot Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232694Members
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members
    Can you put this on the Amazon app store so kindle fire user's can use it?
    Can you put this on the Amazon app store so kindle fire user's can use it?

So, It looks completely free, So I guess I'll be putting it on there.
    edited December 2017
    Beta now contains 2 bug fixes, New sprites(made by the new PDApp designer, @kingkuma ), and a rudimentary reminders tab. @TigerTankSniper , Could you download the Beta version(Become a beta tester, and the beta version will download automatically) and test the performance on your tablet? Version 1.5(the next stable release) is going to contain new sprites, hopefully better performance, and a reminders page. I've stopped work on PDAconnect, However I'll hopefully go back to it later.
    Just enabled beta testing; updating now.
    The PDApp is on Appszoom(Apparently they just take good apps from google play, and put it on their website):
    https://www.appszoom.com/android-app/pdapp-subnautica-companion-biejxl.html
    Version 1.3(beta) is available on Google play. This is an ease of life update, and deletes the inventory text input field, now just tap the text you want to edit and your keyboard will come up automatically. I've also started implementing a new beacon list, however that isn't finished yet.
    Version 1.4(beta) is available on google play. This update improves the map beacon list, and updates the reminders tab. You can still not choose which days you would like it to send you notifications/alarm, or choose anything other than the default alarm(A ghost leviathan roar), but I'm going to work on that tomorrow.
    Someone has given me a one star rating without a review on google play, if the person who gave that rating is reading this, could they please contact me and tell me what their problem is with the PDApp so I can fix it?
    edited December 2017
    Version 1.5 beta is available on google play, this does a bit of performance work( @TigerTankSniper , Could you upgrade to beta and check the performance on your tablet?), and also finishes up the reminders tab.
    If you want a performance trial by fire, I could always fire up my Tab 2, assuming I can find the charge cable... (Samsung used to use their own 30-pin connector for a little bit...)
    If you want a performance trial by fire, I could always fire up my Tab 2, assuming I can find the charge cable... (Samsung used to use their own 30-pin connector for a little bit...)

Then please do. My goal is to get the PDApp working on the worst tablet anyone can find.
    Recursion wrote: »

Then please do. My goal is to get the PDApp working on the worst tablet anyone can find.

You sure? It's a 1.0GHz dual-core, 1GB RAM. I think the latest Android officially released for them was 4.1.1 (!) Full specs:

http://www.jawal123.com/-1639273624/en-us/samsung-gt-p5113-galaxy-tab-2-10-1-wifi

You sure? It's a 1.0GHz dual-core, 1GB RAM. I think the latest Android officially released for them was 4.1.1 (!) Full specs:

http://www.jawal123.com/-1639273624/en-us/samsung-gt-p5113-galaxy-tab-2-10-1-wifi

Just try it.

Just try it.

Alright. Might be a day or two, feel free to remind me once a day or so so I don't forget (I would never! ha!).

Just try it.

Alright. Might be a day or two, feel free to remind me once a day or so so I don't forget (I would never! ha!).

Actually, just checked, It'll probably run fine, because My lenovo tab3 7 essential Works fine with the PDApp, and has pretty much the same specs, but try it anyway!
    Version 1.5.5(beta) is now on google play. This update brings in a lot of performance work, and a new splash image.
    Version 1.7(beta) is now available on google play. This update brings in performance work, and a new(unfinished) Recording tab. The recording tab can record and play sound, however it doesn't save and load or have vertical use yet.
    Beta 1.8 is on google play.
    Stable 1.9 is live on google play.