Creepvine Seed Cluster in Growbeds

KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
Short question. I used the forum search but found nothing.

It should be possible to plant Creepvines in external growbeds. But when I do this i get Creepvines without Creepvine Seed Cluster on it.

In the wiki and on with Google I found out it should generate Custers also on planted Creepvines... but I never got this.

What did I wrong? Can someone explain that?

THX.

Edit: Reason is that I want to generate Clusters in the Lost River Base

Comments

• Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    They'll grow them anywhere, but you have to plant the clusters, not the samples.
  • KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    i planted the clusters :(... but i will try again. will they regrow after taking away?
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    As of right now the only two ways to remove a plant from a growbed is to either A) dismantle the bed removing all plants or 2) cutting at the specific plant until it is removed. Placing a new plant in the UI will allow it to start growing. Make sure you are planting the correct Creepvine. Samples only grow a vine (no clusters) and planting a cluster grows a fully functional Creepvine (vine and cluster). Just make sure sufficient time has passed to allow it to mature and start producing.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited December 2017
    Once your creepvine( planted from yellow seed clusters) matures, it will start producing more seed clusters. Seed clusters picked from your vine will regrow over time. If you harvest creepvine samples( green) from your grown plants, they may die, so make sure to have backups when cutting vines.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Clusters grow cluster-bearing vines. Samples grow plain (but you can harvest more samples from these versions without the vine dying).

Unless they changed it.
  • Merlin469Merlin469 U.S. Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227274Members
    I know you used to be able to grown them in the Alien Containment too, but they had to be at least two high for the pods to form. Make sure you're planting the pods deep enough.