NS2 Assets

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
Hi, i was just wondering if you can make the assets available for use again or are we still doing the PM me and i'll see what i can do thing?

I mean some of us have backups of the old modelsrc.zip but it'd be nice to have the newest ones to work with :) don't want incompatibilities now, that or atleast allow us to subscribe to 4291 app ID if i recall correctly i used to have access to 4291 for a while, wonder why we can't anymore :( i suppose it does add a few hundred MB onto the download of NS2

DIscuss.

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    It doesn't add a few hundred Mb, it was over 1.7Gb, which is why I removed it from the NS2 depot. It was essentially unused and just bloating the installation footprint.
    Roughly 98% of all the assets require a very, very old version of 3DS MAX, which is no longer available iirc. The files can still be access via the Steam branch named "build_307", it requires a password "forthemodders".
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Thanks for the response i did not know about that, i meant the download itself is only a few hundred mbs (451mb) i see they're the same assets as the ones last ones i have from febuary in 2016 and i was just wondering if you had any of the updated new animated ones(forgot to mention)i can recompile these ones to work somewhat.. but the modelcompile doesn't like alot of the extra tags and bits and pieces inside of the model_compile even when fixing the tags just hope we don't lose all ability use use .fbx/.dae through the model compiler unless we are given the newer model files.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this forthemodders on the forums before.

Very useful for those whom don't have access to it and don't want to download it from my website :P